Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kyle1020

Game of Thrones

893 posts in this topic

I think some member of the Boltons has Theon. I am basing that on the fact that House Bolton's flag, as seen very briefly, features a man upside down on a red X. Theon is being tortured on X shaped cross. Also, at some point in the second season, I thought Roose Bolton had said something about his bastard son being close to Winterfell. Whatever came of that bit of information?

As for the Lord of Light, when thinking about the show, I find the details and plots of the Game of Thrones to be intriguing, but to me the broader clash of Ice and Fire is more compelling. The question of who should sit on the Iron Thron or in the North or in the Iron Isles will be meaningless once winter comes and the dead are walking. Everyone should be focusing on combating ice with fire, meaning that either the dragons or this Lord of Light fire god will be most important when the two elements collide.

I think some member of the Boltons has Theon. I am basing that on the fact that House Bolton's flag, as seen very briefly, features a man upside down on a red X. Theon is being tortured on X shaped cross. Also, at some point in the second season, I thought Roose Bolton had said something about his bastard son being close to Winterfell. Whatever came of that bit of information?

As for the Lord of Light, when thinking about the show, I find the details and plots of the Game of Thrones to be intriguing, but to me the broader clash of Ice and Fire is more compelling. The question of who should sit on the Iron Thron or in the North or in the Iron Isles will be meaningless once winter comes and the dead are walking. Everyone should be focusing on combating ice with fire, meaning that either the dragons or this Lord of Light fire god will be most important when the two elements collide.

You are correct on Ramsay Snow (Bolton) being the man. And yes, the Lord of Light may come in handy against the Wights and the Others. I'm actually thinking that Dany will come to Westeros at the perfect time when it is being overrun with the Others and she will be able to take them out with dragons (hopefully citizens of Westeros will also be supplied with obsidian too). BUT, just because the Lord of the Light may be convenient against those in the North, doesn't mean it is the only god (if there are any at all).The 7 have their powers (look at Jaqen) and the Old have theirs (green dreams).

When it comes to the gods of Games of Thrones, I really don't know what to think. It just seems that the Lord of Light seems like the best insurance policy against White Walkers. But maybe if I knew more about the other religions, I would think differently. Of course, I still don't really know much about the Lord of Light other than the whole fire thing and apparent ability of a follower to be revived not as a wight.

At least the fire priest (who you don't see in the tournaments like you do in the books =( ) doesn't sacrifice people. It is also strange that they haven't introduced Stannis' sword yet (hopefully they will). They seem to not talk about the Valyrian swords like they do in the books (bar John's/Jorah's sword and Ice).

I am concerned that Melisandre has less than happy plans for Gendry whom I was thinking might be really important as possibly the only living legitimate child of Robert Baratheon. 

I am concerned that Melisandre has less than happy plans for Gendery whom I was thinking might be really important as possibly the only living legitimate child of Robert Baratheon. 

I don't think this actually happened in the books (I'm going to re-read them this summer) so I am excited to see where this is going.

I am concerned that Melisandre has less than happy plans for Gendry whom I was thinking might be really important as possibly the only living legitimate child of Robert Baratheon. 

Maybe she wants to make a baby with him. I remember in the "previously on" at the beginning, she mentioned something to Stannis about him not being the only rightful king or something like that. Why else would they just happen to show that? If she wanted him dead I'm sure she would've just killed him right there.

Maybe she wants to make a baby with him. I remember in the "previously on" at the beginning, she mentioned something to Stannis about him not being the only rightful king or something like that. Why else would they just happen to show that? If she wanted him dead I'm sure she would've just killed him right there.

Well if she needs him for some sort of sacrifice, the ritual might require that the killing be done under specific circumstances. 

Well if she needs him for some sort of sacrifice, the ritual might require that the killing be done under specific circumstances. 

You are on the right track.

I will! With school finishing up next week, I'll have time to catch up quickly.

Yeah being done with school is awesome for catching up on shows, movies, books, and music. Who needs friends or going out and spending money? No, thank you!

Eh last night's episode was pretty boring. They didn't even give an update on like half the stories. Also that dumbass fat fuck left the knive

Well, after two weeks of not much happening, things happened...sort of. While not a whole lot of action happened, at least there were a few amusing or intriguing snippets. The wedding scene offered plenty of chuckles and reasons to hate the characters we all already hated. In Stannis' place, I was glad to see Davos  out of jail. He has been one of the most reasonable and honorable characters in a universe of psychos, filling the void left by poor old Ned. I was pleasantly surprised to see Gendry survive another day. Also, I had completely forgotten about Balon Greyjoy until Stannis mentioned him during his creepy ritual thing. What has the grumpy old sea king been doing this whole time? Arya and the Hound are an interesting pairing. I doubt things will end as well as the Hound seems to think, but at the very least, we should get something along the lines of Jaime/Brienne adventures. Dany seems to be having a fairly easy romp towards Westeros though she still needs ships since she seems no closer to actually having those ships. The most interesting development for her this episode is her new companion, the new leader of the Second Sons. He and Dany seemed to share some moment that might influence things going forward for her romantically. I imagine his attitude and motives are going to cause him to clash with Jorah and Barristan at some point. Good for Sam saving the day and all, but I thought, with all the books he reads, that he would have known well before how important the dragon glass was. I guess not though. In any case, the more we get to see of those terrors in the dark, the better. Based on the preview for next week, it looks like something serious is about to go down, and my book reading friends have warned me that people are going to start dying soon though thankfully I don't know who will die yet. So there is that to anticipate with only two episodes left!

That episode was extremely upsetting. I don't know how to do the whole "hide the spoilers" bit, so I won't go into too much detail. But I am stunned. I expected something bad to happen because things so rarely go right for the characters who aren't completely awful people, but I didn't imagine it would happen on that scale so suddenly and with such finality. 

It was indeed a grim episode. But...

The very last part, where Catelyn stares blankly for a few seconds, then some dude jumps into the picture for a few frames to knife her before jumping out again, was actually quite funny to me. I don't know if comedy was the intention there, but I chuckled.

Game of Thrones always seems to have a big event on the penultimate episode of each season.

Season 1: Ed's beheading

Season 2: Blackwater

Season 3: The Red Wedding

I don't know how to do the whole "hide the spoilers" bit

Whenever I don't know how to do something that I see someone else do, I just quote their text and then turn off formatting to see what the code is. In this case, use:

WHATEVER YOU WANT TO SPOIL [/spoiler

X] (subtract the red X)