Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest 8675

Increased Spam

47 posts in this topic

Just a question, if the spamming does get too out of hand, why not just have one of the members here be a moderator? Have someone who's on a lot.

That requires someone neutral that doesn't get emotional.

I would argue it actually requires someone who thinks rationally despite emotion. You're not gonna find anyone who stays completely neutral on every issue.

That requires someone neutral that doesn't get emotional.

What Andrew said is good. Just have someone who can be rational no matter what. Finding someone who is neutral on everything is pretty much close to impossible. 

I think what the issue might be here, is that there needs to really be some ground rules set. There are topics I avoid on any forum because I know what can come out of them.

So you don't want a moderator to make your day a little easier? That's my initial suggestion. You're the one who brought up how you needed someone who is neutral and doesn't get emotional.

In response to the idea of a moderator, I mentioned that there is not one because of the lack of somebody (as Andrew put it better) stays rational while emotional. I didn't say I needed a moderator, because it's already very easy.

Well of course it's easy. There's only like 10-15 active people on here.

Wrong.

Kyle

He's just not around here enough

I usually lurk even when I don't post though admittedly I can disappear for stretches at a time.

I'm not even sure that boy's human, and not just some awesome robot.

haha I do have a weird tendency to mess up on those CAPTCHA tests, indicating that either I am indeed a robot or just stupid when it comes to typing.

As easily the most rational and least emotional person on this site, I recommend myself as moderator to please the people and my fans

I read pretty much every thread. Tend to stay pretty level headed about stuff besides my random stupid college football argument earlier this year. That was a one off of me having a bad week.

If you need help Jay I'd he glad to offer my services. I'm on most days a lot.

Andrew and especially Pen were the shittiest moderators. Always editing posts that they deemed inappropriate. We (including them) swear, we talk dirty, no one cares, but they abused their powers to edit posts that weren't bothering anybody. Always feeling the need to use those shiny new mod buttons. And Pen being a real pain in the prick with the way he organized sticky threads. Man I've never seen anyone more stubborn. Just the thought of a moderator is getting me in the mood to lay the smackdown on some innocent, defenseless old lady's ass. Things are fine the way they are with no moderators.

Andrew and especially Pen were the shittiest moderators. Always editing posts that they deemed inappropriate. We (including them) swear, we talk dirty, no one cares, but they abused their powers to edit posts that weren't bothering anybody. Always feeling the need to use those shiny new mod buttons. And Pen being a real pain in the prick with the way he organized sticky threads. Man I've never seen anyone more stubborn. Just the thought of a moderator is getting me in the mood to lay the smackdown on some innocent, defenseless old lady's ass. Things are fine the way they are with no moderators.

So I guess the fact that I was a moderator here for like a year, and no one had any idea was a good thing?

So I guess the fact that I was a moderator here for like a year, and no one had any idea was a good thing?

Didn't you say one time you didn't even realize you were a mod?

The best moderators are the ones you don't even know are moderators. The ones who hide in the shadows like a ninja  :ph34r:  and help the site and they don't have an ego or feel the need to enforce their authority every two seconds.

Didn't you say one time you didn't even realize you were a mod?

The best moderators are the ones you don't even know are moderators. The ones who hide in the shadows like a ninja :ph34r: and help the site and they don't have an ego or feel the need to enforce their authority every two seconds.

i knew I had them after a whole because of all the new buttons. I never really moderated much. But I did start messing with people editing their thread titles, probably why I got fired haha

You crooked bastard.

i think I did it once with Echo and he tried changing it like 15 times because we were making fun of him for not spelling correctly. Every time he'd fix it, if change it back haha

But one is real and one is fake. That would be like merging a Chicago Bulls and Harlem Globetrotters fan site.

What the hell do you mean the Harlem Globetrotters aren't real?