Lucas

WTF News

544 posts in this topic

The effects of Autism vary from kid to kid, some kids now get labeled as having "autistic tendencies" instead of just being diagnosed as autistic. Really no way of knowing the severity of this kid's condition and thus how accountable he is. 

But it is hilarious to me that this group isn't just for the betterment of autistic individuals, but specifically "to reduce autism-related wandering incidents and deaths." Point Pen.

Harty

God fucking damn it

You are so ignorant

Autism is different. There are 100s of different types of autism. I know someone who is autistic and they rock back and forth and moan loudly at inappropriate times and can't take care of themselves at all. Can't talk. Can't wipe their own ass. I am sure it is what you would call "retarded." But guess what? Medically, his condition is autism.

You baffle me sometimes with how you can know so little about something but yet have such a strong stance of opposition regardless. To the point of it actually pissing me off. But never as much as now

Harty

God fucking damn it

You are so ignorant

Autism is different. There are 100s of different types of autism. I know someone who is autistic and they rock back and forth and moan loudly at inappropriate times and can't take care of themselves at all. Can't talk. Can't wipe their own ass. I am sure it is what you would call "retarded." But guess what? Medically, his condition is autism.

You baffle me sometimes with how you can know so little about something but yet have such a strong stance of opposition regardless. To the point of it actually pissing me off. But never as much as now

Yep. There is not just one type of autism, but many different types.

Whether or not the child is autistic is immaterial. The SCHOOL is 100% responsible for the safety of each and every child in their care. To lay blame and punish the child for the schools inadequecy is ridiculous. I would be screaming at the principal and working my way up the the school board from there. 

Wow for some reason I hadn't read the unsurprising moronic thing Harty has to add. My nephew is autistic, on the lowest level that there is, but he gets autistic classes and all that. Even he has had some instances where he just wanders off out of nowhere. Little crazy stuff gets his attention.

By the way, some of these Autism perks are pretty awesome, you can show my nephew a song once and then months later he will start singing it out of nowhere, it's cool.

Yeah I'm actually teaching SPED and I can tell you that every kid with autism is different. Going back to the story that's completely on the teacher. The child has autism and he's only 7 years old.. he shouldn't be punished. He should be reminded and told why it was wrong to do what he did, but punishment is the worst thing you can do to help students with Autism. Most of the time they won't even understand what they are being punished for, and then the point is mute.

It's funny how Harty hasn't commented on that story since I posted that link.

Cuz I forgot about this thread and this conversation. As for the debate I guess I was wrong but it wasn't me talking out my ass. I've donated several hundred bucks to autism research and read a few articles on it. I read a couple about autism before I posted my original argument and none of them mentioned them wondering off. I've only heard autism being associated with social behaviors and kind of weird OCDs. Occasionally I hear stories about it making children really good in certain things. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/BearGrylls/status/329253938576637952/photo/1

Don't click that, ever. Graphic.

The graphic image -- embedded below -- shows the producer, Steve Rankin, getting medical treatment for his wounded appendage. Much of the flesh from the top of his foot has been eaten away by the venom, leaving his tendons exposed.

A Discovery source tells HuffPost TV the photo was taken three weeks ago, when Grylls and Rankin were shooting a new series for the network called "Naked & Afraid." Since then, Rankin has undergone surgery for the wound, and his prognosis is very good.

Scroll down to see the graphic photo, but beware that it is not for the faint of heart: