What are some good songs for a break up when its your fault

226 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hey everyone I know I haven't been on in a long time but I'm having a pretty difficult break up right now and i thought i would come to the tunelab family for a little help.its all my fault I lost a great woman because of my anger and dumb decisions and I was wondering if anyone knew any songs that are about breakups and them being from the singers perspective messing up?

Posted · Report post

Drunk enough by angels fall maybe? I'll have to do a lil research.

Posted · Report post

I think Koldes made a playlist for this purpose a little while ago.

Posted · Report post

Thanks lamberson that was a great one

Posted · Report post

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, and not everyone's cup of tea, but All We Love We Leave Behind by Converge is an awesomely emotional song for losing people close. 

Posted · Report post

Dark Side of Me by Coheed and Cambria

Posted · Report post

Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone) by Cinderella

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys they are all good ones

Posted · Report post

I'm very disappointed with you...I thought you'd go for a Hinder song here...

Posted · Report post

I'm very disappointed with you...I thought you'd go for a Hinder song here...

Those work to.

Posted · Report post

Just listen to "The Connection" by Papa Roach....all will be better.

For me whenever I'm depressed, because of a break up or something like that, I don't turn to the ballads, I turn to Slipknot and Sevendust...something heavy and with anger.But Thats just me.

Posted · Report post

Thanks bladenit09 and Chris7 those are all good ones

Posted · Report post

Hey man. Sorry to hear about the breakup. I know it can be hard.

A few months ago I made an album after I had my heart broken. It wasn't my fault, so, the album is a little different than what you may need, but I attached it below. What it does is follow the emotions and steps towards dealing with the loss. Anger, letting go, saying good bye, healing, moving on, rising up, getting over it, and realizing life is still great. 

The album helped me a ton. I know it's not the same situation, but it might help. 

'A Brighter Day'

1. Oceans Divide - Break
2. Breaking Ben - Had Enough
3. Aranda - Satisfied
4. Otherwise - I Don't Apologize (1000 Pictures)
5. Apocalyptica - I Don't Care
6. 10 Years - So Long, Good-bye
7. Linkin Park - Shadow of the Day
8. 12 Stones - Broken Road
9. Faktion - Letting You Go
10. Tremonti - New Way Out
11. Black Tide - Let It Out
12. Lo-Pro - Clean The Slate
13. Sixx AM - Life is Beautiful
14. Seether - Rise Above This
15. Redlight King - Comeback
16. Burn Halo - Up From The Ashes
17. Daughtry - Over You
18. All American Rejects - Gives You Hell
19. Crossfade - Prove You Wrong
20. Alter Bridge - Life Must Go On

Posted · Report post

This is song is about destroying our environment...

Posted · Report post

Thanks koldes that means alot it is very hard right now that's a good list you put together I appreciate it.

Posted · Report post

Parabelle -Your starry eyes song is helping right this minute

Posted · Report post

Angels fall-drunk enough really hits home for me I can't get enough of it it. Its just so hard replaying everything in your head thinking of what I would have said and done differently I'm driving myself crazy with it all.

Posted · Report post

Your welcome! I'm glad it's what you were looking for. Good luck getting through what you're going through.

Posted · Report post

Thanks koldes that means alot it is very hard right now that's a good list you put together I appreciate it.

No problem man. Just remember, it might be the end of your relationship, but when you have healed, you might find someone better. I know it's cliched, but it's true.

I made this album when I had my heart broken by someone who I thought I could never do better than. Four months later, I finished healing. A few months after that, I found the love of my life. I can say without a shadow of a doubt I'm going to marry her some day. She just moved in yesterday and we're literally unpacking all of her shit right now. 

Also, Chris mentioned Papa Roach's 'The Connection' - that's an excellent suggestion. It came out right as I was going through my shit "Leader of the Broken Hearts" made me cry for like two weeks when I first started listening to it. I'd also toss in Paper Route's "Better Life" as an uplifting relationship song. 

The heartbreak isn't permanent even though it's going to feel like it. Let the music heal you, bud! Good luck. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks koldes that helps but it's hard cause i found the love of my life and i messed it all up.we were together 9 years and i know I'm not gonna find anyone better, no one took care of me better than she did and nobody loved me more than she did. we were engaged since 2010 and I thought I would grow old and spend the rest of my life with this woman but I have myself to blame for it all I drove her away and I will always regret it.congrats on finding the love of your life and moving in together I'm sure this is a very exciting time for you and i wish you both the best in your future.ill check out all those songs you've said and again I appreciate it

Posted · Report post

This was the first song that crossed my mind.

Posted · Report post

quite a few of the songs on three days grace one X album and one on transit of venus were quite helpful to me.

never too late

on my own

let it die

gone forever

its all over

pain

last to know off transit of venus

reckless by p roach

q by evans blue

lost in the woods by taproot

stay and drown by finger eleven

alone in this bed by framing hanley

best is yet to come by SR71

snuff by slipknot

i had a similar relationship of 8 years go away........

after a 3 year hiatus, we are back together, married for two years now, and happier than ever.  hope man.  hope.

Posted · Report post

last to know off transit of venus Life Starts Now

;)

Posted · Report post

Well as a separate thought to my correction, my wife and I are splitting up again (this time for good) and it's a rough time so I'll probably be going thru these songs and making a playlist soon myself, but it's more of a relief to be honest. She cheated again in December and we went thru some counseling and such but it's not helped and she's not willing to "do anything to make it work" as she said at first. It's such bullshit, but I know eventually I can be happier without her. The worst part is the kids are going to be affected by it, too, with our oldest being 5 and starting school and such. She'll have her during the week in a new place and I'll get them on weekends (Fri-Sun). It's just a shitty situation.