EchoX860

Tech Talk

1,527 posts in this topic

i think i'm taking it back and getting the S4 tomorrow

little things about the HTC One bother me. like to do anything with the phone you have to hit the button on top of the phone, and it's not exactly easy to get to.

Like an unlock button?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all touch screen phones have an unlock button...

That said, Echo is highly defensive of this phone, because he really loves it.

I think I know what Nixon is talking about. Isn't the button to activate the screen on the iPhones at the bottom right in front of you? The one on my HTC Rezound is at the top and it's sometimes hard to click so that might be the problem. It's not as easy to click one-handed as an iPod/iPhone.

not very easy to one handedly hit that button then unlock it all while driving

I can picture you in a courtroom after you ran over someone and this is the reason you're giving for who you hit the person.

oh so the problem is that its only at the top? Well, that shouldn't be that much of a deal breaker if you like the other stuff, just gotta get used to it.

My last phone had a wide unlock in the middle of the top. I didn't mind it but my current Razr phone has it on the upper right side and I do like this much better, it's right where I place my thumb.

There's not a button on the bottom of the screens on these phones? Wow, that would be obnoxious as hell, especially for a longtime iPhone user having it easily reached with the thumb on the bottom. Yeah, you're not supposed to be using your phone while driving nixon; it's a lifesaving feature! ;)

haha I just caught that he said its hard to use while driving. Nixon make sure to let me know whenever you're driving around here so I can make sure to stay off the road.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all touch screen phones have an unlock button...

That said, Echo is highly defensive of this phone, because he really loves it.

I have the Brother, the HTC Droid DNA. But basically the same design, have used both though. My step sister got the One, and both are amazing, never had a problem unlocking it. 

It's one of those things that you may think isn't a big deal but if any of you iPhone users switched to this phone it would immediately become a pain in the ass.

I can completely understand what you're saying cause I feel the same way about a bunch of little things on PS3 that annoy me that Xbox does better. Very little things but when you're used to it an easier way it sucks having to do it a slightly longer and more difficult way when you're doing this thing a bunch of times.

it's a big phone, so keep that in mind. it's long, so its a handful. so you have to click the button at the top and then unlock from the bottom. a bit tedious IMO and as I stated, other people have apparently complained quite a bit about it. It's one of those things that you may think isn't a big deal but if any of you iPhone users switched to this phone it would immediately become a pain in the ass. Trust me, I didn't envision it bugging me that much in the beginning either.

I can imagine is quite a change from the iPhone, but if you really liked the phone other than that, I'd stick with it, youll get used to it eventually. Because the Galaxy is a lot more expensive isnt it?

Yeah, my friend has a Galaxy and I hate how light and cheap it feels. I like a nice solid phone that feels like I can sit it on something to hold it down, and won't break in two if I step on it.

The reason I haven't switched from my iPhone 3GS (other than me being poor) its because I can be really rough with it. I have a huge Otterbox case on it. You dont know what kind of hell its been through and its still kicking.

I've considered getting an Otterbox but mine is pretty damn tough so I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice comfort and style for it. Water resistant, kevlar shit, special screen. I'm thinking it'll probably be fine taking a few bumps.

The article I read made that mistake, as was pointed out in the comments below the article, point remains that the UltraPixel is the better camera. But if you hate a phone because the lock button is in a different place because you check your phone when driving than probably one of the stupidest people ever.

I think if you have an iPad Mini around you'll be fine to switch it up. Takes away some functionality from your iMac, but I get where you're coming from because it has been much of the same since the iPhone came out.. iOS 7 is a big make-it or break-it when it comes to the software side of their phone.

Well the reason I had to get an Otterbox is because I work in a factory in the summer and I've had phones mess up from sweat going through my pants to it, or even stupidly slamming my leg into something. The Otterbox has battled through it. It's doesn't like very "fancy" but all I want from a case is to protect my phone, I wouldn't get a case if I cared so much about looks.

I find it funny how much importance is placed on phone design, when everyone just sticks them in some big ugly case.

Still happy with my Galaxy S3 mini.