EchoX860

Tech Talk

1,527 posts in this topic

Contemplating leaving iPhone world

Anyone here have the Samsung Galaxy s4?

I got the 3 and from what I heard there isn't much of a difference. I love Droid OS cuz you can customize it so much. Also the cameras on it are fucking amazing. The only real problem I have with it is battery. It goes through batter like crazy. I won't even touch it and it like 3 hours later it's used up 25% of the battery

Also if you like old games there are a ton of emulators you can download on droid systems and play old school gameboy games all the way up to N64 games

Also if you like old games there are a ton of emulators you can download on droid systems and play old school gameboy games all the way up to N64 games

:rolleyes: Nobody here likes old games. Good luck getting Mike or Echo to play those.

:rolleyes: Nobody here likes old games. Good luck getting Mike or Echo to play those.

Haha. I was playing Fire Red right up until I got all the badges and for some reason just haven't played it much in the last few weeks

I've played through Mario, Chrono Trigger, and a Pokemon game, though I haven't played any in a long time because I got stuck.

Software doesn't have anything to do with the cameras. That's hardware. Unless you mean the camera features in the OS?

I actually had no idea there were 64 emulators. Just downloaded Mario, Ocarina of Time, and No Mercy. Thanks for mentioning that, whoever mentioned that.

I got the 3 and from what I heard there isn't much of a difference. I love Droid OS cuz you can customize it so much. Also the cameras on it are fucking amazing. The only real problem I have with it is battery. It goes through batter like crazy. I won't even touch it and it like 3 hours later it's used up 25% of the battery

Go to (or download) a task manager. It'll close all your opened apps. No point in leaving them running when you're gonna put your phone down for a few hours cause it will just kill your battery.

I check the video game thread and no one talks about iphone type games really.

That's cause they suck and only entertain soccer moms, little kids and poor people who can't afford real games.

I can't get into mobile games at all. They're mildly entertaining for like five minutes and then I want to do something else. No interest in that when I could be playing Mario or something good.

I actually had no idea there were 64 emulators. Just downloaded Mario, Ocarina of Time, and No Mercy. Thanks for mentioning that, whoever mentioned that.

Keep in mind that 64 emulation is still pretty spotty, especially if you're using a low-end computer.  You'll probably into several roms with flawed graphics and stuttering performance.

But hey, free games.

Keep in mind that 64 emulation is still pretty spotty, especially if you're using a low-end computer. You'll probably into several roms with flawed graphics and stuttering performance.

But hey, free games.

I knew you can do it with a computer... I'm talking about my phone.

You won't be disappointed  

I'd like to extend a thank you to you for mentioning N64 games in your post to Nixon, I had no idea that they had that out for smartphones and now I'm like three levels into Super Mario 64 even though it's tricky with a touchscreen analog stick.

I'd like to extend a thank you to you for mentioning N64 games in your post to Nixon, I had no idea that they had that out for smartphones and now I'm like three levels into Super Mario 64 even though it's tricky with a touchscreen analog stick.

Haha yeah. It takes some getting used to

I decided to consider rooting because I heard that's cool, but I'm really paranoid because of the risks. Practicing on my old Droid 3 first for safety and to see if I have what it takes.

just got the HTC One. can't believe i switched to Droid. we shall see how this goes

Yeah, that's one Android phone that really would possibly make me switch to Android. The S4 looks alright, too, but I think it's just too damn big. But I think the HTC One is pretty large, too? Edit: apparently the HTC One is even bigger than the S4. So nope for me.