EchoX860

Tech Talk

1,490 posts in this topic

How can they tell if its pirated? They're just files? I mean if I see an .mp4 of a family video or an .mp4 of a pirated movie, they can't really tell the difference can they? I've been watching bootleg shit on my Ps3 since I got it in 2006 and no problemos. Even had the old bigger version until last year, and didnt have to format anything to watch movies, it's exactly the same as my slim one. Weird.

Nixon what box did you get? I'm actually looking into getting something like that too to not fuck up my ps3 from overuse.

Crossing my fingers it doesn't happen to me then, I've watched everything from wrestling, movies, as TV shows. A ton of them, and no problems.

Maybe I did do that once with the old one and I can't remember, it's been 7 years afterall. But the new slim one, I can 100% sure I didn't do a thing to it.

Cinevia is what cuts the audio out of pirate movies on the PS3.

I got around it by using PS3 Media Server to stream the movie over the network instead of just playing it using the PS3 built in networking. PS3 Media Server really is amazing.

May be bc Mike's ps3 is the old one. Bc I have the old one and I had to format my hd specifically for it to be read on my ps3.

Yes, that was the problem I think...they wanted me to format the HD so I didn't do it. And yes, I do have the original PS3.

I got around it by using PS3 Media Server to stream the movie over the network instead of just playing it using the PS3 built in networking. PS3 Media Server really is amazing.

PS3 Media Server is pretty awesome. Hopefully it works on PS4/720 (although I doubt it will work on the 720 seeing as how they stopped it from working on the 360). Although instead of streaming, I usually just copy the stuff to my PS3 hard drive. That way I can rewind or fast-forward something easily. The rewind/fast-forward doesn't work too well if you're streaming it.

Before anyone complains about it. In the new Chrome Update, just right click the Apps bookmark, and uncheck the Show Apps Bookmark and it'll go away.

Awesome price

Never heard of this site until now

For shame

They didn't charge shipping or tax, and gave 20 bucks off if you use Visa's version of PayPal to checkout.

Spent fifteen minutes removing my cell phone cover so I could change the Sim card. Finally got it open and the battery's all swollen. Apparently that's a bad thing... anyone ever had a battery explode?

Spent fifteen minutes removing my cell phone cover so I could change the Sim card. Finally got it open and the battery's all swollen. Apparently that's a bad thing... anyone ever had a battery explode?

I had a battery in a graphing calculator explode once. I opened my backpack and there was a bunch of like grey lead looking residue. The calculator survived, but its very dirty from the inside.

and actually the Postal Service doesn't allow international shipment of anything with a lithium battery anymore because one of their flames caught fire from a battery exploding.

Which gen?

Jail broken?

Third Gen, and there's no Jailbreak for it yet, so not much of an option for me yet. Dunno if I would do it if I could, though I have considered it.

They have the 1.5 TB version of that drive I bought for $83. What's better value a 1.5TB at $83, or a 2TB at 109? I may return or sell the one I bought and get the 1.5.

They also had a 4TB external hard drive for 140, which a lot of the members on Slickdeals freaked put about because I guess it was a really great deal.

I'd say they're all good deals honestly. Mathematically the deal per TB is better from biggest to smallest so that 4 TB is a hell of a deal then 2 TB and last barely is 1.5. I'd keep one the one you got.

Alright techies, I got another one for you. I'm trying to connect my laptop to my TV but I'm not getting any audio. I'm using a VGA connection (I know HDMI solves everything but my old ass laptop dont have HDMI), and I know you need an extra cable to get audio. There is a port right next to the VGA port that is called a PC/DVI port, what kinda cable do i need for that?

Contemplating leaving iPhone world

Anyone here have the Samsung Galaxy s4?

well my sister has the S3 and I've decided I'm ditching the iphone for a Samsung S-whatever when I get the chance. It looks pretty damn great.

Alright techies, I got another one for you. I'm trying to connect my laptop to my TV but I'm not getting any audio. I'm using a VGA connection (I know HDMI solves everything but my old ass laptop dont have HDMI), and I know you need an extra cable to get audio. There is a port right next to the VGA port that is called a PC/DVI port, what kinda cable do i need for that?

Just from my research when I did this with my laptop and tv, you have to purchase an adapter to do this. You can't use a cable to turn analog into digital. I have DVI to HDMI and use this audio cable http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=665&seq=1&format=2

I recently got a Razr HD(which is only on Verizon) and it's pretty damn great. Marginally below the the Galaxy S's in performance but to me it more than makes up for it in battery power and durability.

Just from my research when I did this with my laptop and tv, you have to purchase an adapter to do this. You can't use a cable to turn analog into digital. I have DVI to HDMI and use this audio cable http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=665&seq=1&format=2

I was actually able to connect the regular computer monitor cable (the big blue one) and a regular aux cable and I get great picture and sound. Thanks though.

I was actually able to connect the regular computer monitor cable (the big blue one) and a regular aux cable and I get great picture and sound. Thanks though.

I'm glad you were able to get it to work.