EchoX860

Tech Talk

1,490 posts in this topic

I noticed that too. Some secret automatic update maybe?

It's irritating, because I use the right click-open in link in new tab a lot, and now it's not where it used to be... 

Droid DNA only has a 2030mah battery, but after OC/UV I get a full day out of it which is enough for me. 

I've got a Droid 3 now which is pretty much perfect for me other than how old and beat up it is. The Razr HD sounds like a big improvement in every way outside of the whole no keyboard thing, which I'll just have to get used to. I feel comfortable sticking with Motorola Droids, especially since I'm hearing this is far and away the best one so far.

Here's what you're looking at Dylan.The Droid DNA is currently the most future proof phone on the market. 1080p screen compared to your 720. Your battery is a little better, but nothing to write home to mom about. Whereas the Droid DNA can last you a day and a half at least depending if you know what you're doing. Honestly the only thing your phone has over mine is removable storage. With the DNA you're stuck with 16gb. At this current point in time you're already behind specs wise, the rinky dink toy that is the Motorola Razr has a Dual core processor. Quad core phones are here, 1gb of RAM is unacceptable in phones now with the new standard being 2gb RAM which the DNA has. 

I'm not being an ass. I'm just stating there's better choices than the one you want. Don't go with a mid range phone just because you're comfortable with the Motorola

I've done my research, I know all the stuff you just told me. I'm picking the phone that caters best to what I look for in a phone. I couldn't give a shit about the RAM, I'm not playing video games and I rarely watch movies so the screen resolution isn't all that big a deal. I'm not one of those phone nuts who needs to have all the latest tech, all I care about is that it has the features I want and the performance that is up to my demand. And it's all wrapped up in a sturdier phone with a better battery (which is a big deal for me) and in an design I prefer.

Mike, I think it was a change in the latest version of Chrome.

Instead of crap like that they should've added an option to right-click to set a picture as a wallpaper and the ability to download something in a new window without the stupid bar there the entire time. And an option to automatically disable your browsing history from being saved would've been nice too.

I had a paid Avast account but it expired and now I want to downgrade to the free version without unintalling and reisntalling. I cant figure out how to do that. I read it automatically gives you the free version 10 days after it expires but its been 10 days already and nothing happened.

Just the House, not the Senate. White House has apparently said it'll be vetoed by Obama... I hope that's true if it gets that far. Stupid idiots. Say goodbye to 4th Amendment if this goes through.

Anyone have a portable hard drive? I'm thinking of getting one because I need to back up some movies and pictures I have, and especially my music. Anyone know what's the best brands, and like what price would be good right how? The reason I haven't got one is because I want a "good deal", but the problem is I don't really know what's a good deal.

Western Digital is the only way to go. You can get a TB for like $80-$90 now. I have had bad luck with Seagate surprisingly.

External HDD by Seagate are cheap for some reason. Not necessarily the drives itself but the enclosures. I've had two from them in recent years where the enclosures would always short out the power to the drive so halfway through backing up of you barely touched the thing it would just die/lose power. That really sucks when backing up 50+ GB of pictures or music or whatever.

are you guys taking about the hard drives that are kinda big and are for desks? I'm looking for the smaller ones that just use USB power to operate, something I can carry around with me.

Oh yeah I was. Not sure of Seagate makes the portable ones. WD is the way to go on those still. Those are closer to $100 still.

Oh yeah I was. Not sure of Seagate makes the portable ones. WD is the way to go on those still. Those are closer to $100 still.

I've been looking that the desktop ones are less expensive and hold more data, but I'm worried about its size. My room already looks crammed up and having something on my tiny computer desk won't help, plus I want to be able to plug it into my ps3 once in a while to watch some movies, and that could be a hassle because I think they have to be plugged in to an outlet for power.

I want to be able to plug it into my ps3 once in a while to watch some movies

I'm pretty sure that won't work, at least not when I've tried with my external hard drive. I wanted to do the same exact thing before and it wouldn't work so I just ended up using PS3 Media Server.

I'm pretty sure that won't work, at least not when I've tried with my external hard drive. I wanted to do the same exact thing before and it wouldn't work so I just ended up using PS3 Media Server.

I've watched movies with my flash drives, and even my iPod's hard drive. I don't see why it wouldn't. Are you sure you're doing it right? You have to go movies, then press the triangle and then display all. For some reason it just doesn't show up just like that.