EchoX860

Tech Talk

1,527 posts in this topic

IE10 is just fine on Windows 7. It was made for it as well as 8, but just had a consumer preview out for awhile. It seems pretty stable for now, but I only use it because of work. I still use Chrome mostly of course.

I have FF, Chrome, IE (which I barely use) on my PC. I recommend downloading CCleaner and running it at least once a week, maybe twice a week on your PC. It'll clean out junk files from the Internet and whatnot. If you're a W7 user DO NOT mess with the Registry. It automatically takes care of itself.

I have FF, Chrome, IE (which I barely use) on my PC. I recommend downloading CCleaner and running it at least once a week, maybe twice a week on your PC. It'll clean out junk files from the Internet and whatnot. If you're a W7 user DO NOT mess with the Registry. It automatically takes care of itself.

Yeah, and while I'm at it I'll just throw my PC in the dumpster.  :D

Comcast increased my DL speed by 33% and my upload by 100% to 4mbps for some reason

Hmm, I have Comcast now, what is your DL speed?

There seems to be a debate if leaving a laptop plugged in all the time ruins or doesnt ruin the batter. I have a 2 year old laptop that I use like a desktop and leave it plugged in all the time. I just unplugged it and after about 15 min of operation the battery was down to like 85%. So from my personal experience Id say leaving it plugged in all the time does weaken the battery.

Down to about 65% after about an hour.

I think it affects the battery as well. But I counteract it by turning my brightness down and doing a more energy saving setting.

Yeah the brightness was about 3/4 of the way. I dont know what the normal, standard battery life is for one right out of the box. I never really paid attention to it, I have a fairly new one someone gave me and I was using it earlier and it went do to the 30% range after like 4 hours. This one hasnt been plugged in constantly either so that further supports my assumptions in my above post.

I think letting your battery drain all the way and then recharging it back to 100% is good supposed to be good for it every now and then. Might restrengthen it.

https://www.facebook.com/home

The "Facebook Phone" is finally here, but it's not what you think. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg today unveiled a new way to integrate its network on Android devices. Called Facebook Home, it represents a rethinking of how Facebook exists on Android phones, Zuckerberg said, putting people first instead of apps.

"You're going to be able to turn your Android phone into a great social device," Zuckerberg said

I'm picking up a Droid Razr HD tomorrow for my upgrade. It's 80% cheaper, however, on Amazon Wireless. Anybody know what the catch is for using that and getting the better price?

I've considered every recent Android phone on Verizon. The Razr HD Maxx came out the victor, but Razr HD is the exact same phone with less battery life and memory. And it's a hundred bucks cheaper.

The Droid Razr/Razr Maxx HD, iPhone 5, Galaxy SIII, and Droid DNA are all tied as the highest current Verizon phones on cNet.

Although I love my Iphone, I really miss my Droid Razr. It's a great phone and I still prefer droid over apple products.

I don't want to make a new thread for this so I'll just post it here. For some reason on Chrome there's extra space on my bookmarks and on the options when I right-click and I don't know why. So it looks like this. It used to be more condensed. Does anyone know how to get it back smaller? I'm pretty sure the font size hasn't increased but the space that each section takes up has.