Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Movie Log

1,755 posts in this topic

Live Free or Die Hard is a great movie.

It's a good action movie, but a Die Hard film? For me, it's not just the action in Die Hard films that make them great, it's the dialogue. It just wasn't a well-written movie and lacked the wittiness of Die Hard and Vengeance. Some of the action scenes are just absurdly over-the-top as well, and they did try too hard to make John McClain near invincible. Which defeats the purpose of the character who is supposed to be quite vulnerable.

I wouldn't even say this a great franchise outside of the first and third ones. Die Hard 2 was just a cheap version of the first and Live Free or Die Hard was just a Bruce Willis action flick with a decent villain. Not really all that surprised that it's finishing off with a shitty film that tried to go even more over-the-top than the last.

Bruce Willis has said that Die Hard 6 will be his last one. I know it would make no sense at all and can't happen, but wouldn't it be just awesome if Hans Gruber came back and was out for revenge against McClane? Whatever the story is, you know it's gonna be worldwide now. Getting bigger with each movie...building, airport, city, east coast, a country.

I've been hitting the theater quite frequently this year, might as well offer my opinion on a few films.

Zero Dark Thirty - 9.0/10

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 8.5/10

Argo - 9.0/10 [technically a 2012 release, but my local theater brought it back around award shows]

Mama - 6.5/10

Warm Bodies - 8.0/10

A couple of guys on youtube whos opinions on trust really liked the new Die Hard. Yes one of them was the guy who did rants on Cabin the Woods and Promethus but if said he enjoyed the new Die Hard then I trust its good,

Why don't you just go to it instead of watching videos on youtube about if it was worth seeing or not... i feel like with the amount of times thats been debated on the Die Hard movies some of you could have seen it 3 times by now

I dont wanna waste 10 bucks on a bad movie plus I'm not a big Bruce Willis fan.

So again, I'm an idiot for checking scores on Rotten Tomatoes but you're totally fine with trusting some random douchehole's opinions.

So it turns out that I'll be seeing A Good Day To Die Hard next weekend as part of the men's conference thing I'm going to.

Are you going there to learn how to be a man?

A better person on the internet?

A better person. Are our conversations over the internet not real or not from real people? Everything you say online reflects exactly who you are as a person. People seem to not realize this.

I'm just messing with you, btw.

Thus undermining any lesson he may be learning.

I have the advice he deserves, but not the one he needs right now.