Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Movie Log

1,669 posts in this topic

I don't see how anyone can call her in ZDT mediocre.

One review I read stated that her performance in it "could've been played by any other woman, with more or less of the same result". Anyway, I'll probably be checking it out in the next couple of days.

Bullet To The Head: This was by no means a great movie and it arguably wasn't even a good movie, but it was a hell of a lot better than I thought it was gonna be. I'd never in a million years watch it again and it had absolutely no business being released in theaters and it definitely should've been straight-to-DVD but it was a decently entertaining film. It featured some good action and the axe fight was pretty awesome and seeing as how it was the only thing that I was looking forward to, I gotta say that part actually exceeded my expectations.

Silver Linings Playbook - Yeah, this was pretty awesome. Lawrence was stellar and Cooper just knocked it out of the park. Funny and disturbing and heartwarming. 9.5/10

1. Django Unchained

2. Silver Linings Playbook

3. Looper

4. Zero Dark Thirty

5. The Cabin in the Woods

Went to Identity Theft yesterday... It was quiet enjoyable.. I would recommend seeing it if your a fan of Bateman or Melissa McCarthy.. both had some reallly funny moments.. i would give it a 7.5/10

A Good Day To Die Hard: Congratulations Die Hard 2, you're no longer the worst movie in the franchise. Wow that movie sucked. Highly forgettable villains, shitty story that was hard to follow, not enough humor, mediocre action, a ridiculously over the top scene at the end that puts the jet jumping scene in Die Hard 4 to shame and made me feel like I was watching the A-Team and Mary Elizabeth Winstead got ugly. It was a decent movie at best that might be worth a rental if there's nothing else to watch but I will absolutely never watch it again and it actually makes Die Hard 2 look better by comparison.

Did you guys honestly expect this movie to be good? The second I heard that it wasn't set in the US, I basically lost interest.

Yes I expected it to be good because Die Hard movies are usually good. How did the setting indicate to you that it was going to be a lesser movie?

"Oh that movie looks pretty goo- Oh shit it's in China? Nah that's gonna suck."

Yes I expected it to be good because Die Hard movies are usually good. How did the setting indicate to you that it was going to be a lesser movie?

"Oh that movie looks pretty goo- Oh shit it's in China? Nah that's gonna suck."

For any other movie, the setting doesn't matter. It matters for Die Hard because all of them (besides A Good Day To Die Hard) is set in the US.

Edit: Like The Wolverine, that's being set in Japan. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

For any other movie, the setting doesn't matter. It matters for Die Hard because all of them (besides A Good Day To Die Hard) is set in the US.

Yes but the whole point is that the scope of the Die Hard movies expands with each one. Die Hard 5 was always going to go international.

Went to safe Haven with the girlfriend this weekend. I actually enjoyed the movie alot, not really a chick flick... Its got its romantic parts and such, but it has a decent thriller aspect towards the end of the movie, and has a good story line. I'd give it a 7.5/10