Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Movie Log

1,685 posts in this topic

How many movies have you seen?

I've seen plenty of movies, actually. And The Avengers went out as either my all-time favorite movie or at least in the top 5. The thing is, is I can't think of a single flaw with the movie. And most if the time, I can.

I can't think of a single flaw with the movie.

- They had nothing for Hawkeye to do so they had him hypnotized to remove him from most of the movie

- The government fearing everyone would die by aliens so they were gonna guarantee everyone would die by dropping a bomb

-And when Hawkeye was back to normal, he was freaking awesome. So... yeah, that's not a flaw.

-Not really a huge flaw or really a flaw at all.

-And when Hawkeye was back to normal, he was freaking awesome. So... yeah, that's not a flaw.

Sure it is. Even Jeremy Renner wasn't happy with his role in the movie.

-Not really a huge flaw or really a flaw at all.

Those shadowy government people were so worried that the Avengers would fail that they were gonna drop a bomb. So because of a fear that everyone might die, they were gonna guarantee that everyone would die. Pretty big flaw to me.

Those shadowy government people were so worried that the Avengers would fail that they were gonna drop a bomb. So because of a fear that everyone might die, they were gonna guarantee that everyone would die. Pretty big flaw to me.

Well actually, the fear was the aliens would kill all of Manhattan and then start killing everyone else in the world. You might have a point if the aliens were just gonna kill everyone in New York and then go home, but I think the presumption is they probably would have kept going.

The movie did exceptionally little wrong but ultimately it never aimed to be anything more than a bitchin' blockbuster. Not that there's anything wrong with that, with the task of bringing several franchise stars into one movie required a simple plot to avoid being bloated.

Zero Dark Thirty: Exceeded my expectations. The movie accomplished being able to make me give the first shit about Osama Bin Laden and the hunt for him, so it was pretty effective. Great tension, probably felt like the longest movie I've ever seen, and not in a bad way. Acting all around great, the raid was intense as hell, and overall the best movie that could have possibly been made about the subject matter.

9.4/10

That movie looked good but I'll wait to rent it. I'd be afraid some Arab would blow up the theater I'm in so I'll wait to see it safely in my house.

Ha, at a certain point there's actually a totally out of nowhere explosion in the movie that made me think about that and get really nervous. Shortly afterwards my large drink caught up to me and I forgot about it (I took the longest piss of my life after the movie was over).

1. Django Unchained - 9.5/10

2. Looper - 9.5/10

3. Zero Dark Thirty - 9.4/10

4. The Dark Knight Rises - 9/10

5. The Cabin in the Woods - 9/10

6. The Avengers - 9/10

7. Chronicle - 8.5/10

8. The Amazing Spiderman - 8/10

9. The Hunger Games - 7.5/10

10. Ted - 7.5/10

Jesus, I've seen absolutely nothing.

So that's all you've seen or just the top ten?

Just the top ten, but there isn't too much more. I've maybe seen twenty or so movies total.

I saw the Hobbit last night. Wow...I felt so many emotions during that movie, but overwhelmingly nostalgia. I could've cried.

4.5 stars out of 5.

Gangster Squad: Pretty good movie. Was going a little slow there in the middle but had a really good ending. The cast was awesome and Sean Penn was amazing. He should win some award for his performance but sadly the people who give out these awards don't like action movies much so I'm guessing he won't get the credit he deserves. The action and comedy were good and the whole atmosphere with this time period was great and refreshing to see in a movie. On the negative side, most of the characters didn't have much character development, but I guess that was to be expected seeing as how the movie featured such a big cast. While the movie isn't good enough to end up being a mob classic like I was hoping it would be, it's still definitely worth a view.

Went to Mama last night... Surprisingly decent, not overly scary had a few good jumps... just kind of an eerie, creepy movie, I'd recommend seeing it if you enjoying scary movies. Its one thats debatable between seeing in theaters and just renting... I'd give it a 7/10... Ending was not expected, shy'd away from your typical ending

Went to Mama last night... Surprisingly decent, not overly scary had a few good jumps... just kind of an eerie, creepy movie, I'd recommend seeing it if you enjoying scary movies. Its one thats debatable between seeing in theaters and just renting... I'd give it a 7/10... Ending was not expected, shy'd away from your typical ending

I was surprised that this movie took the box office last weekend by an astounding $28M...crazy, especially for a horror movie. So it must be decent. But then, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3-D took the box office a couple of weeks ago, also. -___- Odd.

I saw Django Unchained today...I loved it! It's a really sad reminder of what happened to African-Americans in this country. I kinda wish I saw it opening weekend though, because the full audience reactions really would have been something to behold for this type of movie. We had about 25-30 other people in the theatre with us, though...and that was for a 2:45 PM showing...in a "backwoods" theatre, at that. So, I know it must still doing well.

Texas Chainsaw plummeted after opening. I think it went from 1 to 10 in a week. Rotten movie from what I understand.

Django is going strong. Probably the most a Tarantino movie has caught on with the mainstream so far.

I was surprised that this movie took the box office last weekend by an astounding $28M...crazy, especially for a horror movie.

I think it's only doing that well cause it stars the girl from the more popular Zero Dark Thirty.

I think it's only doing that well cause it stars the girl from the more popular Zero Dark Thirty.

Yes...I am hearing mixed reviews about her performances. Some are saying that she's outstanding, others are saying that she's mediocre. Either way, I'll be seeing Zero Dark Thirty to form an opinion for myself.