Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike

Movie Log

1,669 posts in this topic

January

- Gangster Squad (Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Sean Penn, Emma Stone)
- Broken City (Mark Wahlberg, Russell Crowe)
- The Last Stand (Arnold Schwarzenegger)

February

- Bullet To The Head (Sylvester Stallone)
- A Good Day To Die Hard (Bruce Willis)
- Snitch (Dwayne Johnson)

March

- Oz: The Great And Powerful (James Franco, Mila Kunis)
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum)
- The Host (Saoirse Ronan)

April

- Evil Dead (Jane Levy)
- Oblivion (Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman)
- Pain & Gain (Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson)

May

- Iron Man 3 (Robert Downey, Jr., Ben Kingsley)
- The Great Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire)
- Star Trek Into Darkness (Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto)
- Fast And Furious 6 (Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson)
- The Hangover III (Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms)

June

- After Earth (Will Smith, Jaden Smith)
- Man Of Steel (Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon)
- Monsters University (John Goodman, Billy Crystal)
- World War Z (Brad Pitt)
- Kick-Ass 2 (Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloë Grace Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse)
- White House Down (Channing Tatum, Jamie Foxx)

July

- The Lone Ranger (Johnny Depp, Armie Hammer)
- Grown Ups 2 (Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock)
- Pacific Rim (Charlie Hunnam)
- The Wolverine (Hugh Jackman)

August

- 300: Rise Of An Empire (Eva Green, Rodrigo Santoro)
- Red 2 (Bruce Willis, John Malkovich)
- Elysium (Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley)
- 2 Guns (Mark Wahlberg, Denzel Washington)

September

- Riddick (Vin Diesel)
- The Tomb (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Jim Caviezel)

October

- Sin City: A Dame To Kill For (Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Michael Madsen)
- Oldboy (Josh Brolin, Elizabeth Olsen, Sharlto Copley)
- The World's End (Simon Pegg)

November

- Ender's Game (Asa Butterfield, Harrison Ford)
- Thor: The Dark World (Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston)
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Jennifer Lawrence)

December

- The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug (Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen)
- Anchorman: The Legend Continues (Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell)
- 47 Ronin (Keanu Reeves)
- Jack Ryan (Chris Pine)

LAST UPDATED - 12/29/12

This has the be the best year for sequels. I mean "best" as in that its quality sequels. Not like Harald and Kumar 3 or Home Alone 10 but movies that had good previous films and a sequel is anticipated. I just Hangover 3 isnt like the second film where they reused all the jokes but in a different setting.

After Earth SOUNDED like it could be good but the preview didnt impress me. And if you saw the preview: Does Will Smith really look like that now or is it just makeup for the movie?

After Earth SOUNDED like it could be good but the preview didnt impress me.

The trailer was okay but after going to the awesome official website for the movie and getting tons of extra info on the universe it really got me a lot more excited and made me enjoy the trailer more. As we get closer to the release I'll be reading all the comics they made for the movie as well. They are even releasing a book too (at least one that I know of). I hope how they're doing a great job building this universe up and it's only getting me more and more excited for that movie.

The main thing I'm excited for in 2013 (besides Arnold's return) is the revival of true sci-fi movies. Oblivion, The Host, After Earth, Star Trek, Elysium, Ender's Game...gonna be a great year for fans of sci-fi.

I have the first book of Enders Game and it was awesome but never finished it cause something came up and never got back to it.

In regards to The Host: I cant excited about a movie from a woman who made movies about a girl choosing between Necrophilia and Beastiality.

Evil Dead could be the Horror Movie of the year. When it was announced that a remake was being made the hardcore fans were so pissed and were pissed even more when it was announced that Bruce Campbell was not going to be in it. After seeing the redband trailer..I can not wait for this movie!

movies about a girl choosing between Necrophilia and Beastiality.

At first I had no idea what the fuck you were talking about, until I looked up The Host and learned who it's by. Now this comment makes sense.

You know, since the sequel is listed here, I'd like to take this time to bring up something that's always troubled me about Kick-Ass. The movie and the comic treated the character of Katie very differently. Very differently.

Basically while the movie had Katie get together with Kick-Ass after his soul-bearing confession, the comics had her kick him out, get her then-boyfriend to beat the shit out of him, and then she sent Dave constant pics of her giving that then-bf a blowjob, just to rub it in a little more.

It's interesting to me that they changed what happened and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about it. I'm curious to know what the movie does with her character going forward cause again, in the comics...

her sole purpose in the second book is to be confronted by the bad guy, explain she doesn't know who Kick-Ass is, and get raped. The End.

I'm sure they'll do something else this time around. Or maybe they won't.

Yeah Im sure they will go the HOLLYWOOD way again. People usually need the happy endings. See the original ending of Dodgeball: After Ben Stiller hits Vince Vaughn with the ball for the win, you see Vaughn look dissapointed then the screen goes black with the credits rolling down. Test audiences didnt like it so they added to it for a happy ending.

KickAss is a darker comedy then Dodgeball was but I guess they didnt have the balls to do the not so happy ending. Its a shame cause it would have worked in this movie.

I have the first book of Enders Game and it was awesome but never finished it cause something came up and never got back to it.

Go finish it now! One of my most anticipated films. I hope the movie does it justice.

Very good year for scifi for sure.

Hangover 3 is supposed to have a different premise than the last ones I think. Hope it's good.

lol, i jjust posted the trailer to that too! That movie looks like it could be hilarious but it also has the potential to have some funny parts and be stupid. The part with them all talking to Danny McBride at the dinner table was enough to make me see this when it comes out though.

U left off the new Seth rogen/James Franco end of the world movie

Did I? I thought I added that. I'll get to it eventually. The beauty of the new forum is that there's no longer a one-hour limit to edit a post. I can literally be updating the thread with newly announced movies throughout the year and just add when the thread was last updated at the bottom.

You know, since the sequel is listed here, I'd like to take this time to bring up something that's always troubled me about Kick-Ass. The movie and the comic treated the character of Katie very differently. Very differently.

Basically while the movie had Katie get together with Kick-Ass after his soul-bearing confession, the comics had her kick him out, get her then-boyfriend to beat the shit out of him, and then she sent Dave constant pics of her giving that then-bf a blowjob, just to rub it in a little more.

It's interesting to me that they changed what happened and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts about it. I'm curious to know what the movie does with her character going forward cause again, in the comics...

her sole purpose in the second book is to be confronted by the bad guy, explain she doesn't know who Kick-Ass is, and get raped. The End.

I'm sure they'll do something else this time around. Or maybe they won't.

Well, I hear they're going all-out in this one, though i never read the comics. Gang rape and dog murder are the two things i see being mentioned.

My biggest concern is no Matthew Vaughn and the guy from Jumper I believe taking over. I have yet to not like a Mark Millar adaptation, though

Texas Chainsaw 3D made a lot of money even though there was negative buzz on it. They are saying a lot of the people who went and saw it were under 25. That makes sense I guess.

I read that (in Texas Chainsaw)

the plot takes a bizarre turn and Leatherface ends up being an anti-hero and working with the main girl because they're family and the movie ends with them living together or something.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I hope Django can beat it when the actual numbers are released. That movie is performing insanely.

Django was fucking awesome. The only thing I hated was it kept seeming like it was going to end and never did. You could tell Jamie Foxx had a shit ton of fun playing that role