Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucas

Got (College Basketball) News

128 posts in this topic

We had our first upset of the season today, as Miami knocked off #8 Florida. 

My Gonzaga Bulldogs beat the 22nd ranked SMU by 16 points in the first matchup of ranked teams this season. 

So, we got #4 Duke against #2 Wisconsin tonight. Should be a great game. Could be to the top two players in the nation going against each other in Jahlil Okafor and Frank Kaminsky.

Also, there is #7 Virginia at #21 Maryland as well as #8 Wichita State at #25 Utah. Good day for CBB

Another great matchup today as #6 Texas takes on #1 ranked Kentucky. Should be a good game. 

Tomorrow, #9 ranked Gonzaga is on the road against #3 Arizona. I'm a bit nervous about that one, as the Zags haven't been playing too well lately. 

You know, it felt like Texas could have beaten Kentucky, but they just beat themselves. Too much fouling in the early going, and that flagrant foul against their best player Holmes, really hurt. They had a chance to go ahead by quite a bit early, but didn't take advantage of it. 

Yep, it came to overtime. 

Damn! It was one heck of a game, but I sure would have loved a win. Either way, they played the #3 ranked team on the road pretty tough, so I'm happy with how they played, overall. 

A lot of people are giving Wesley a hard time for missing those free-throws, but the way I look at it, is that the game wouldn't have even come down to those free throws if TJ McConnell had made two of the four free throws that he shot for Arizona near the end of the game. 

Great freaking game. That stat where they were tied for points all time was bananas. Crazy how close the rivalry is.

Surprise, surprise another coach caught cheating the system. I'm waiting for Calipari to join. That Derrick Rose thing was extremely fishy with his SAT scores when he coached at Memphis.