Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sick Puppies

37 posts in this topic

Nixon
:

pretty sure that whole thing was a joke. i bite my tongue about people in this industry for the most part, but i don't give a with him. he is one of the biggest assholes i've ever met. quite a few things happened on our tour with that band with him specifically. really is a shame bc Emma and Mark were nice as hell and I was a HUGE fan of the band when All The Same came out. But he's so fake and a douche, and I would tell him that to his face

Maybe he should join Breaking Benjamin?

Nixon
:

Hahaha gotcha! Did I meet you at the show? Or were you not a tunelab regular then? Love to meet people from the boards and hang out if time allows

No I didn't say hi.. I think there were a bunch of people around the merch table and I just didn't get the chance, next time!

peeka
:

I'm not part of a street team nor am I a spammer. I'm simply trying to find ways to help promote a good, down-to-earth band that promotes a positive message with their music.

You're definitely street-teaming. We've had the same thing in the past, and the sudden referral traffic and comments elsewhere (http://tunelab.com/2011/03/17/madam-adam-to-support-sick-puppies/#comment-51476) seem to indicate a direct campaign.

Was I wrong to start this topic under "Shameless Plugs" ? It seemed appropriate. Perhaps you should change the name of the forum. *shrug*

Delete my thread if you wish. I do not wish to start arguments or anything of the like. I was simply trying to spread a good word.

Hell. You can delete my account for all I care. Obviously, this forum isn't worth getting to know my way around.

peeka
:

Was I wrong to start this topic under "Shameless Plugs" ?

Indeed you were. If you read the description, it said "For Contributing Members to Promote Websites or Bands". You had joined just to post about a band we all already knew about.

I understand trying to get the word out about a band you like, but if you had spent any amount of time here, you would have known a plug about Sick Puppies was pointless here. Any moderately successful band will more than likely already be known here, as this is a primarily rock message board.

It might seem like we are being a bit harsh here. But if you can imagine, your initial post was much like what a telemarketer would do. As for saying this forum isn't worth knowing, it isn't fair to judge an entire community based off responses given to a perceived junk post. As with any other message board, there are a wide variety of personalities that contribute here. Some you may like, some you won't. If you stick around and check out some of the other threads, you might find out if this indeed a place you do or do not like.

Vertias says what we're all thinking, but in a much nicer way. I appreciate you're trying to spread the word, but in my opinion if you really wanted to do Sick Puppies justice you would have gotten to know the site/boards a little bit first... you would have made a much better impact and likely could have started a positive thread about them (even though we're all already well aware and most of us are fans, heck look at how Tri Polar did in Music Madness).

Nixon
:

i bite my tongue about people in this industry for the most part

It's a shame you don't let this out a little more, but I understand why you don't. :)

Veritas and WI hit the nail on the head.

Appear as a telemarketer, to people who already know your product? Or do a little bit of research and possibly become a valuable member of a group that's already familiar with one of your favorite bands. Guess the choice was/is up to you.

Veritas
:

Indeed you were. If you read the description, it said "
For Contributing Members
to Promote Websites or Bands". You had joined just to post about a band we all already knew about.

What he said.

peeka
:

I was simply trying to spread a good word.

And that's exactly our point. You came with the expressed intention to promote one band, and nothing further. And that is our community definition of a spammer. If I joined the SPWC forums and just made threads about tunelab, or another Australian band I manage, or male enhancement pills, I'd be classified as a spammer and banned, would I not?

Jay
:

And that's exactly our point. You came with the expressed intention to promote one band, and nothing further. And that is our community definition of a spammer. If I joined the SPWC forums and just made threads about tunelab, or another Australian band I manage, or male enhancement pills, I'd be classified as a spammer and banned, would I not?

Burn.

Sox5452
:

That was a really good tour lineup, Adelitas Way and Metalkpretty too.

The other time I saw Sick Puppies was when they did a co-headlining tour with Hurt right after Tri-polar came out. Half the people there were little girls with their parents, and they all left before Hurt
:(

I saw that tour in PA. Veer Union was on it, but then Crispin had those vocal problems and they didn't play. That was the year I saw Sick Puppies about 5 times open up for various bands except for that tour in which they headlined.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0