Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brentcamp

RIP

42 posts in this topic

ntrj
:

I think its funny all of the groundhogs come out of their holes to post when someone mentions their beloved pirate sites being down
:)

If you are speaking of me... I would like to go on record saying that I haven't pirated music in over a year and hardly did before that. I have seen too many phenomenal bands fall short because of poor sales. And, I think stolen music is a big impact on that.

That being said, I just wanted to see how them little bastard are doing it these days!

Jay
[^]
:

I'm not gonna ban you just for linking to it to prove Mike wrong. If you said, "oh, check out the new ___ album, get it here:" I'd disapprove, but just as a general thing I don't really care. Although, why not just PM him?

Well since I've got your okay about it and all...

Mike
[^]
:

The website is definitely down. When doing a search for why it is down there are no results. When simply doing a search for the site it comes to the top of Google but the main site, register, search, login and profile links don't work. Pen is either talking out of his ass or he's on ESPN.com or something and thinks it's the RIP forum.

First off, I take it you didn't read the post that I made above about us possibly not being on the same page. The RIP site does not link to the forum anymore, because of concern after Megaupload's shutdown. The forum still exists, but you won't find a link to it on the website. However, if you put in Google "Rest In Peace Forum" or even just "RIP Forum", hey, hallelujah, what is the very first link you get? If you answered a dead one, you're right! Because I didn't understand that's what you guys were talking about. However...

assman1030
[^]
:

Aceboard servers are down, and have been for a few days.

This pretty much seems to explain what's going on.

pen
:

Because if you go to www.aceboard.com, it doesn't load either.

The sheer volume of RIP alone probably brought it down. Not that they host those files.

Received a reply from Fred...

"i saw that the site hosting the forum closed, but this also happened last year, and after some weeks back. i had warned everyone that this would happen again, i proposed creating a new forum in a more reliable site, but few agreed.

I hope the forum come back soon, but if this does not happen i will take appropriate action with the other administrators."

So no timeline but there is still hope that the site will return someday.

bdog
[^]
:

Received a reply from Fred...

"i saw that the site hosting the forum closed, but this also happened last year, and after some weeks back. i had warned everyone that this would happen again, i proposed creating a new forum in a more reliable site, but few agreed.

I hope the forum come back soon, but if this does not happen i will take appropriate action with the other administrators."

So no timeline but there is still hope that the site will return someday.

We figured this out already. It's called "hosting went down". It happens. It's not really up to him if the board comes back, it's up to what's-their-name sorting their shit out.

Mike
:

I demand a PM with this info.

I wasn't joking dude. There actually is a linked banner for the backup forums on the main site.

Just a quick update. The Aceboard site is gone permanently. Aceboard didn't pay their, whatever they pay, and were given a month to do so and didn't.