Envy
Wonder What's Next
Clones

Encore:
The Red
Face to the Floor

Brian
:

This is one of my favorite bands, but they aren't very good live.

Yep, I saw them on the Bush tour last fall, and I just didn't have much desire to see them again so soon on this run.. maybe later in the year. Good to see they are playing a nice long setlist though. I'm hoping this tour can give Janus some good momentum for their album release.

And this is one of the better bands out there, Most of my friends love Chevelle, and even Tunelab loves chevelle. I'm suprised their not on the level of a Disturbed or Godsmack. I'd rather listen to them any day over those bands.

TaNbULL
:

They still play it every now and then. I've seen it twice.

Hey, im happy they still are rocking The Clincher...maybe they will be changing the setlists up a big each night, throw some good old classics in there...Maybe Comfortable liar.

J4ESTER
:

Hey, im happy they still are rocking The Clincher...maybe they will be changing the setlists up a big each night, throw some good old classics in there...Maybe Comfortable liar.

Comfortable Liar was always one of my favorite songs live. Last time I saw them was on Carnival of Madness in 2010, and I saw it 4 times and each show they had different songs in the set. Maybe they will do that this tour as well.

Sox5452
:

Yep, I saw them on the Bush tour last fall, and I just didn't have much desire to see them again so soon on this run.. maybe later in the year. Good to see they are playing a nice long setlist though. I'm hoping this tour can give Janus some good momentum for their album release.

You're not going to the Baltimore show March 5th?

Jay
:

You're not going to the Baltimore show March 5th?

Were you at the Red/TFK show in DC? I saw someone that kind of looked like you.

Ive seen Chevelle about a dozen times. Not the best, I agree, but I love their music so I support them and see them live.

Usually before a tour they play a small venue outside chicago to get the cob-webs off.
I was lucky to hear them play POINT #1, which they very rarely play.
I havent heard WONDER WHATS NEXT for awhile though. Surprised as Sam says thats his favorite song.

I probably prefer them over Disturbed but Disturbed blows them away in live shows. GodSmack is just a Helmet ripoff band.

I've seen Chevelle live and was absolutely satisfied with their performance. They were pretty much spot on albumwise. Not sure what else you can ask for from them.

Im not totally familiar with Helmets stuff but I saw them open for Chevelle in 2005 for the Winterfresh Snocore, and every song they played I was waiting for them to go into a GodSmack cover cause it sounded so similiar.

chicago_animal
[^]
:

Im not totally familiar with Helmets stuff but I saw them open for Chevelle in 2005 for the Winterfresh Snocore, and every song they played I was waiting for them to go into a GodSmack cover cause it sounded so similiar.

You're insane.

Brian
:

I guess what I'm trying to get at is their live performance is what holds them back.

I've always like Chevelle okay but I didn't love them until I saw them live. I think they are fantastic live.

As for Chevelle live, I've seen them both good and not as good. Depends on the venue a lot I think. The best show from them I've seen was the one filmed for the "Live at the NorVa" DVD. The entire thing's on YouTube in chunks. Unfortunately, I could never find myself in any of the crowd shots because I was too far back.

I saw them in 2010 with Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Sevendust........They were having troubles with their mics, so you could barely hear the lyrics, but the cool part was the crowd pretty sang for him until they fixed it.

Nothing like a 12,000 people belting The Red.....

I saw them in 2010 with Buckcherry/Papa Roach/Sevendust........They were having troubles with their mics, so you could barely hear the lyrics, but the cool part was the crowd pretty sang for him until they fixed it.

Nothing like a 12,000 people belting The Red.....

I've never seen them perform badly. Best show I have ever seen them perform was in 2009 at The Tabernacle here in Atlanta. That was the clearest sounding show I have ever been to. You could heard EVERY instrument and Pete as clear as day.

Surprisingly I've only seen them once and it was at EDBD a few weeks after Vena Serra came out. I thought they were boring as shit and didn't sound that great. But they went on after Papa Roach and before Three Days grace and Sevendust so that didn't help