Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Fray - Scars and Stories

25 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I thought it came out already?

Posted · Report post

This is much better than their last album.

Posted · Report post

hmm. I need to pick this one up.

Posted · Report post

So since I decided to stop listening to new OneRepublic until we get a better release, I decided to listen to their compadres to fill in the time. So I listened to this all day today, and was trying to remember what people thought of it. Well, here's the thread. I made it but no one gave a crap haha. Did no one like this or something? I absolutely loved it. 

Posted · Report post

I haven't listened to it for some time but I remember feeling like this band kind of got more generic as time passed on. I'll have to give it another chance though when the time comes around.

Posted · Report post

I haven't listened to it for some time but I remember feeling like this band kind of got more generic as time passed on. I'll have to give it another chance though when the time comes around.

I actually feel they branched out a little bit. It wasn't as polished for radio.

Posted · Report post

I ended up pretty hit and miss on this album. A few really good tracks like "Heartbeat" and "Rainy Zurich" but a few snoozers too.

I liked the new Script album a lot more.

Posted · Report post

Stuff like "Munich" "The Wind" "Heartbeat" and "Rainy Zurich" is absolute top notch. There are a lot of other great cuts too. "Here We Are" is the only song I didnt really like.

Posted · Report post

And yeah the new Script album is really good too.

Posted · Report post

And yeah the new Script album is really good too.

I really love the fusion of piano rock and hip hop they seem to be going for right now. Some really, really cool-sounding songs on that album.

And I absolutely love "If You Could See Me Now" and "Six Degrees of Seperation"

Posted · Report post

I really love the fusion of piano rock and hip hop they seem to be going for right now. Some really, really cool-sounding songs on that album.

And I absolutely love "If You Could See Me Now" and "Six Degrees of Seperation"

I think "Six Degrees of Separation" is gonna be the this album cycle's hit. I know Hall of Fame didn't end up doing that great, and I think they lyrics have a lot to do with that. Not sure everyone can connect with a song basically made for the Olympics. Six Degrees though, is very catchy and has nice lyrics. 

"If You Could See Me Now" hits me hard, great track. 

Posted · Report post

Also the verses for "No Words" is sooooo damn good.

Posted · Report post

I haven't heard this band since they were popular back in high school. I'll give them another shot.

Also, I didn't think The Script's newest album was anywhere near as good as 'Science & Faith'.

Posted · Report post

I haven't heard this band since they were popular back in high school. I'll give them another shot.

Also, I didn't think The Script's newest album was anywhere near as good as 'Science & Faith'.

This. Six Degrees is the only track I listen to a ton off the new album. The rest is good, I guess, but the songs from the last two albums stuck with me a lot more.

Posted · Report post

Agreed that "Six Degrees" is the strongest track off the new album.

Posted · Report post

I ended up pretty hit and miss on this album. A few really good tracks like "Heartbeat" and "Rainy Zurich" but a few snoozers too.

I liked the new Script album a lot more.

How did I not know that Script had a new album.. I'm gonna have to give both that and this album a listen here soon

Posted · Report post

Very disappointed that I had to first hear of this awesome song in the movie previews at the theater.

Tunelab has no Fray love.

Posted · Report post

Pretty sure the new Fray album's been mentioned here, but I could be wrong. At any rate, they're stuff is okay but I still like the first album the best.

Posted · Report post

What movie preview was that song in, Omar? Also, I do like that track. It's a little different from what I would have expected from The Fray but in a good way.

Posted · Report post

What movie preview was that song in, Omar? Also, I do like that track. It's a little different from what I would have expected from The Fray but in a good way.

it wasn't for a particularly movie, it was an advertisement for Regal Cinema that advertised all the movies they were gonna get during the holidays.

Posted · Report post

it wasn't for a particularly movie, it was an advertisement for Regal Cinema that advertised all the movies they were gonna get during the holidays.

Ah ok. Maybe that is where I heard it. Once the song started, I knew it sounded familiar, but I just could not place it. In any case, it sounds like a new sound of sorts for The Fray. I like it.

Posted · Report post

Ah ok. Maybe that is where I heard it. Once the song started, I knew it sounded familiar, but I just could not place it. In any case, it sounds like a new sound of sorts for The Fray. I like it.

Yeah they advertised it and all that, "you're listening to The Fray's new single "Love Don't Lie" before and after the little video package. I had to try really hard to not be a dick and check my phone for some info about it because it came out of nowhere.

Posted · Report post

Yeah it definitely came as a surprise to me. I had no idea they were working on a new album although I am usually behind on news, so perhaps it should not have been a surprise.

Posted · Report post

Just checked out the new Fray song. It's catchy.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0