Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flyfreak

Deepfield: Nothing Can Save Us Now...

37 posts in this topic

I stated my overall opinion on this in the other thread for it, but I think the new songs on here are fantastic. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea is a fantastic closer.

Really enjoying this album. I'm still warming up to a few songs (Blow It Away, Drifting), but otherwise I'm loving it. Wherever You Are, Nothing Can Save Us Now, The Waiting, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue See, etc, all great tracks!

I am going to a show this upcoming Saturday and one of the opening bands is a band i never heard of... I dug in a bit and found out the singer is Baxter Teal from Deepfield (There is another member from Janus, too).

They are called Gravesend and they don't have any music online yet.

8 hours ago, Vigo said:

With Sky Machine in Chicago?

I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Yes, that one! The Action Blast reunion show. I am a really big Sky Machine fan and iv'e already seen them like 3-4 times the past year :-)

3 hours ago, Eitan Levine said:

Yes, that one! The Action Blast reunion show. I am a really big Sky Machine fan and iv'e already seen them like 3-4 times the past year :-)

I'm jealous. Rick and Ben were big TuneLab fans. Tell them the group collectively says hi.

3 hours ago, Vigo said:

I'm jealous. Rick and Ben were big TuneLab fans. Tell them the group collectively says hi.

No problem, I always find myself chatting with Ben before the shows.

I told Ben the people here miss him and he laughed and said he miss them too. He said knows Jay and he probably has his phone number.

Gravesend were cool, it was their second show and they did 5 songs if i recall correctly. They don't sound like Deepfield much, more like heavier Red or Janus. Anthony from Seven Day Sonnet joined them on the bass.

They said that they will release some material early in 2017 and Jordon from Sky Machine is producing.

Sky Machine were awesome as usual.

On 11/27/2016 at 1:45 AM, Eitan Levine said:

I told Ben the people here miss him and he laughed and said he miss them too. He said knows Jay and he probably has his phone number.

Gravesend were cool, it was their second show and they did 5 songs if i recall correctly. They don't sound like Deepfield much, more like heavier Red or Janus. Anthony from Seven Day Sonnet joined them on the bass.

They said that they will release some material early in 2017 and Jordon from Sky Machine is producing.

Sky Machine were awesome as usual.

Are the members from any other bands, or are they notable in some way?  I see the singer was in Seven Day Sonnet

In Sky Machine there's the singer and 2 guitarists from 7DS . One of them has a studio and he's producing for some bands in the area (Janus, Punch Cabbie, Paragon, The Action Blast), The bassist plays with some local projects (less rocking, more blues and jazz) and the drummer has his own little projects here and there.

The funny thing is you have some people in the scene that play in like 3-4 different bands and you get the same 5-6 people in the same 2-3 bands. Just look at the lineups for bands like El Famous, Inept, TanZen and The Action Blast. They are all THE SAME PEOPLE!