Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Omar

Hats Off To The Bull

285 posts in this topic

Omar
:

Here's hoping its at least half as good as WWN or TTOT, but I doubt it. drip.

Yeah, both of those albums were awesome. Their albums since then have significantly dropped in quality.

I don't think there's been as big a drop in quality as you guys are claiming. Both Vena Sera and Sci-Fi Crimes are respectable efforts with a number of solid cuts.

pen
[^]
:

I don't think there's been as big a drop in quality as you guys are claiming. Both Vena Sera and Sci-Fi Crimes are respectable efforts with a number of solid cuts.

I agree that they were enjoyable somewhat but not nearly as good as the first two.

Omar
[^]
:

I agree that they were enjoyable somewhat but not nearly as good as the first two.

That sounds like a begrudging admission. I'm amazed I was able to pull it out of you.

pen
[^]
:

That sounds like a begrudging admission. I'm amazed I was able to pull it out of you.

What did I admit? I don't ever think I ever said those albums were bad.

Some solid tunes and some that I really don't like at this time. A few more listens and I'm sure all songs will grow on me, it is Chevelle after all!!

1. Wonder What's Next
2. This Type of Thinking...
3. Vena Sera
4. Point #1
5. Sci-Fi Crimes

-----------------------------

I'll be interested to see where this album fits into that list.

pen
[^]
:

I'm surprised so many of you think Vena is the best. I thought that one got pretty weak around the middle.

Straight Jacket Fashion, The Fad, and Humanoid are some of my favs though...

pen
:

I'm surprised so many of you think Vena is the best. I thought that one got pretty weak around the middle.

Completely agree. It had a pretty noticeable drop after Humanoid. But that's been a problem with Chevelle albums after WWN...which is the best one.

Juggernaut 573
[^]
:

Completely agree. It had a pretty noticeable drop after Humanoid. But that's been a problem with Chevelle albums after WWN...which is the best one.

Totally disagree.

Finally found a nice quality version of this. Am eager to listen. I'm from the same hometown as these guys, so I'm always eager to listen to whatever they put out.

pen
:

Both.

Well then you're just silly. Name me one of the last two tracks on VS or Sci-Fi that is better than four of the other songs on the album. You could make a case for I Get It maybe. But those albums ended weak in comparison to the rest of the album.

Juggernaut 573
[^]
:

Well then you're just silly. Name me one of the last two tracks on VS or Sci-Fi that is better than four of the other songs on the album. You could make a case for I Get It maybe. But those albums ended weak in comparison to the rest of the album.

I don't have to. Fuck right off.