Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Will

Best rock songs featuring a violin

49 posts in this topic

Felonious_Monk
:

Old Enough by Jack White's The Raconteurs, and a good live version of Two Step by Dave Matthews

Did this really dignify digging up a two year old thread.

...and look at all the dead people.

New Years Day - Black Veil Brides has an awesome violin part before the bridge, which blends so well with the song.

Imaginary and Whisper – both by Evanescence.

Most of RED has violin, but Already Over, Pieces, and Hymn For The Missing are all good.

Awake and Alive, Comatose, and Rebirthing - all by Skillet. They're amazing songs with such dramatic violin..

The intro to Afterlife by A7X has a pretty cool string part.  I don't think it continues through the remainder of the song though.

Like A Storm also uses some string accompaniments in their songs, Love The Way You Hate Me has some subtle strings in the background...it also has a badass Didgeridoo solo!  \m/ :angry:  \m/  

Like a Storm is awesome, they are so underrated.

Yes they are.  I saw them live in '08 with Creed (hey, don't judge me because I like them) and Hoobastank.  I actually wanted their first CD "The End of the Beginning" but it wasn't available for sale anymore...well I posted my disappointment on their Facebook wall, and their PR manager private messaged me saying that she had a few extra copies lying around her office.  Needless to say I got it for free :-)

all of the songs that were quote un quote 'recalibrated' from Red's 'RtheP' album are just dripping with violin all over the place

lots of really cool string parts added

I've been listening to a lot of Red lately on my drives. Songs are just so epic, although on shuffle the Release The Panic songs do kind of stick out like a sore thumb. They're good songs but among Red's other work there's not really a comparison.

What did you think of the remixes with more strings?

Haven't listened to them yet. I haven't really listened to anything released this year yet.

Also, now I have to start gathering a bunch of stuff back again, since my hard drive died. Anything I didn't move to external is now gone, which was pretty much a lot of stuff from this year.

Because I've been spending a lot of time cleaning up my entire music library.

This reminded me of Flyfreak's old ipod cleaning threads. Remember those ? Remember he didnt even use an external HD he used his ipod as his external haha crazy old rabbit.