Mike

Got (College Football) News

771 posts in this topic

David
:

Texas A&M will leave the Big 12 next summer.

Just speculation as of right now, but TCU might be joining the BIG 12. I think this would be a great addition, and good riddance Aggies. You guys suck anyways.

Brian
[^]
:

Just speculation as of right now, but TCU might be joining the BIG 12. I think this would be a great addition, and good riddance Aggies. You guys suck anyways.

They were good one year. And I watched them get their ass kicked by Miami that year :D

Harty
:

They were good one year. And I watched them get their ass kicked by Miami that year
:D

I hate the Aggies more than any other football team. I don't know why they think they will be successful in the SEC. It is a tougher confefrence than the Big 12, and they are going to have even a tougher time recruiting now.

AP Poll Week 2

1 Oklahoma (32) 1-0 1448
2 LSU (17) 1-0 1415
3 Alabama (9) 1-0 1409
4 Boise State (2) 1-0 1310
5 Florida State 1-0 1196
6 Stanford 1-0 1154
7 Texas A&M 1-0 1033
8 Wisconsin 1-0 1031
9 Oklahoma State 1-0 981
10 Nebraska 1-0 947
11 Virginia Tech 1-0 906
12 South Carolina 1-0 843
13 Oregon 0-1 828
14 Arkansas 1-0 752
15 Ohio State 1-0 606
16 Mississippi State 1-0 594
17 Michigan State 1-0 530
18 Florida 1-0 382
19 West Virginia 1-0 357
20 Baylor 1-0 284
21 Missouri 1-0 242
22 South Florida 1-0 221
23 Penn State 1-0 147
24 Texas 1-0 135
25 TCU 0-1 130

Harty
[^]
:

I told you guys TCU will still be ranked. There is no fucking reason they should be.

They took a tumble like any ranked team that takes a loss. They missed being unranked by one spot. Chill.

Andrew
[^]
:

They took a tumble like any ranked team that takes a loss. They missed being unranked by one spot. Chill.

They were like 16 or something. And when Baylor puts up 50 points and beats you, you obviously aren't as good as people think. These rankings should be about how good teams actually were not how they might be if they get a new defense

Harty
[^]
:

They were like 16 or something. And when Baylor puts up 50 points and beats you, you obviously aren't as good as people think. These rankings should be about how good teams actually were not how they might be if they get a new defense

Welcome to the Top 25 man. Everyone knows that no one takes any of that shit into account and just goes by wins and losses.

Brian
:

I hate the Aggies more than any other football team. I don't know why they think they will be successful in the SEC. It is a tougher confefrence than the Big 12, and they are going to have even a tougher time recruiting now.

How would recruiting get worse from joining a better conference, that is just dumb. My guess is you are just a butthurt T-sip fan who is going to watch the Aggies whoop the out of Texas this year. Then follow it up by leaving Texas all by their lonesome as the Aggies and OU bolt to better conferences.

brian34
[^]
:

Nope they are a top 25 team possibly but not much more. ND is always over ranked even with their years of underachieving.

What does ND have to do with UCF? USF beat ND. And USF wouldn't be a buster because they are in a BCS conference.

Harty
:

What does ND have to do with UCF? USF beat ND. And USF wouldn't be a buster because they are in a BCS conference.

Haha that makes more sense. My bad.. However I still don't think UCF are BCS busters either.

brian34
:

How would recruiting get worse from joining a better conference, that is just dumb. My guess is you are just a butthurt T-sip fan who is going to watch the Aggies whoop the shit out of Texas this year. Then follow it up by leaving Texas all by their lonesome as the Aggies and OU bolt to better conferences.

I don't know where aTm recruits now, but moving conferences means they would likely have to change where they recruit. It might be hard to sell Texas kids on playing in the SEC because more games will be further from home. They also wouldn't have the rivalry with Texas, or any other Texas school, to use as proving ground they belong at UT. And A&M would almost never find themselves at the top of the SEC.

And OU and Texas might both go to the Pac-12 (16). Texas left alone nowhere.

Brett
:

I don't know where aTm recruits now, but moving conferences means they would likely have to change where they recruit. It might be hard to sell Texas kids on playing in the SEC because more games will be further from home. They also wouldn't have the rivalry with Texas, or any other Texas school, to use as proving ground they belong at UT. And A&M would almost never find themselves at the top of the SEC.

And OU and Texas might both go to the Pac-12 (16). Texas left alone nowhere.

This upcoming recruiting class will probably end up being close to a top ten class. However about half of our star recruits come from Texas the other half come from Louisiana. In the SEC the avg. distance to games is about equal to the distance we had to travel in the Big XII.

As for the not playing Texas it will also effect Texas too because even if they play Baylor or Tech in state no one really cares about either program. Most likely though the rivalry game will continue on Thanksgiving because a) It makes too much money to drop and B) The Legislature will probably not allow the rivalry to drop

Our president has already stated that we would still play texas any time anywhere essentially so if we don't play it will make texas look like a bunch of pussies.

Texas may try to go indy because if they join the PAC they have to split the proceeds from their new channel evenly among all members of the PAC. It is alleged that the PAC wouldn't even allow texas in right now with the network anyways.

-80% of your team is from Texas.

-In the Big 12 you played 11 games in the state of Texas last year, and 47 games in Texas the last 5 years. Not going to happen this in the SEC. And Texas is closer to Texas than Florida.

-Texas is Texas. Recruiting will never be bad. At least, they don't think so. ESPN had them top 10 last 5 years.

I'm glad you are an A&M fan, I hate Texas for no reason. But to say someone is butt hurt because they think, and aren't the only one, recruiting could get hurt by a move is just stupid.

Yeah because Florida is in the SEC West, Oh wait they aren't. So we would play them what every 3 years. As of last year we were playing Nebraska which was a whopping 100 miles closer than Gainesville, Florida.

This next recruiting class which is what we were talking about has half of it's star recruits are from LA.

As for Texas recruiting never being bad, go back and look at the 90's. A few more down years for Texas and it isn't too outrageous to think they will lose the recruiting battle in Texas.

Being in the SEC is a much bigger draw than you obviously think. The prospect to people in Texas to play in the SEC and live at home will be a huge draw.

In the SEC we will still average about 7-8 games in Texas.

Every game in the SEC is televised. Larger media base = larger name recognition.

ntrj
:

Why not?

I am just highly against calling a team a BCS buster when their schedule looks as crappy as theirs does. Not one of the teams they are playing this year will be ranked by the end.

To use your same logic, you didn't play the teams in the North every year either. In fact, you don't play Nebraska at all. And the point was you will play 2-4 less games per year in Texas. Meaning mommy, daddy and grandma can't drive 100 miles to Austin or Waco, but 330 to LSU or 500 to Arkansas. To some kids, that might matter.

A few more down years and Texas could still pay their athletes more than you. And so can the SEC schools.

3 out of 22 recruits for 2012, THREE, are from Louisiana. Two are 3 star DE and one is a 4* DB. I know everything is bigger in Texas, but the brain must be an exception if 3 is half of 22. Unless you meant the 2011 class, which, oh wait, had 3/22 from LA again.

Good article summarizing my thoughts: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/802654-joining-the-sec-would-am-be-trading-little-brother-status-for-also-ran-status

Brett
:

To use your same logic, you didn't play the teams in the North every year either. In fact, you don't play Nebraska at all. And the point was you will play 2-4 less games per year in Texas. Meaning mommy, daddy and grandma can't drive 100 miles to Austin or Waco, but 330 to LSU or 500 to Arkansas. To some kids, that might matter.

A few more down years and Texas could still pay their athletes more than you. And so can the SEC schools.

3 out of 22 recruits for 2012, THREE, are from Louisiana. Two are 3 star DE and one is a 4* DB. I know everything is bigger in Texas, but the brain must be an exception if 3 is half of 22. Unless you meant the 2011 class, which, oh wait, had 3/22 from LA again.

Good article summarizing my thoughts:

Alright first off let me say yes my numbers on LA recruits were off the mark I was looking at the wrong list the other day..

However how are you going to tell me how my fellow classmates feel about the move. I mean this might be presumptuous of me but I think I understand the pulse of this campus slightly more than you. Students are bat excited to be able to travel to some of the most storied football venues in all of college athletics. Surprisingly we rather go to Neyland stadium than to go play in the ing hole that is Lubbock.

The fact that you would link a Bleacher Report article is just ing laughable.

If I am a recruit would I wanna go play in Waco, Lubbock, Kansas, and ing Iowa. Or Arkansas, Tennessee, Lousiana, Florida, Missippi where football is king.

Exactly. And you could play in those places as an athlete there...like 26 games worth more.

And again you missed the fucking point. The point is you called someone butt hurt, which is childish anyway, because they said recruiting could take a dip. I simply presented my opinion and this guys opinion. Neither of us have reason to be butt hurt. Yet we think it is a possibility recruiting could dip.

Anyway, enjoy being 5th in West.