Mike

Got (College Football) News

771 posts in this topic

Just now, Omar said:

kinda fucked up that they'd make a college kid run the ball that many times though.

Yeah, it may end up shortening his career in the long run. But I also think he may be an RB that can handle a heavy workload (Obviously not 47 carries a week). He's a very similar RB to Jackson, I think he'll be quite durable in the NFL.

I was hoping Dallas would grab him, but we'll most likely have a top 10 pick and that is far too high to be grabbing him.

12 minutes ago, nixon said:

Thought it was interesting that some at Pro Football Focus are comparing him to Toby Gerhart 

That is interesting. Not really sure I see the connection.

21 minutes ago, nixon said:

You seen Toby's film from college?

I'm watching some highlights now, I'm guessing the comparison is the upright way of running? It's probably my biggest criticism of Henry, scared he'll be taken down too easily behind the line in the NFL. 

I still think Steven Jackson is the best comparison for him though. 

I know he's gotten less sexy lately, but I still can't wait for Fournette to hit the pros. I hope they work him into more pass protection and pass cathing so he can come in and be an every down back as a rookie.

1 minute ago, nixon said:

Yea, he was really good in college, too. The fact that Bama RBs typically fail at the next level probably has a lot to do with it as well

I never really go by the school thing. I try to go by what my eyes see, I don't think he's going to be some AP in the NFL, he'll need to be a system back like Murray. His biggest plus seems to be durability, the fact that he seems to get stronger as he gets touches and doesn't wear down is incredible. 

20 hours ago, Andrew said:

AWW YIS

MOTHA

FUCKING

FROGS

e14661bd211d1e6e558f3a2540250595.gif

Congrats to Oregon for tying biggest allowed comeback in bowl history.

For the first time ever Miami is actually spending money on coaches and richt is putting together a hell of a staff. I'm finally excited about the future of the hurricanes

Just got around to watching some young up and coming players in college. Man, he looks like he will be the next big RB prospect.