Mike

Got (College Football) News

771 posts in this topic

Harty
:

FSU got a commit from the number 1 QB. But he'll probably end up going pro in baseball

Yup. All depends on if he goes the 1st round of the draft and gets an awesome offer. Really hoping he picks football, but either way we have Sean Maguire (#12 QB according to ESPN). I'm hoping that with Ponder going so early in the draft that encourages him to stick with football and FSU. FSU also has Mario Edwards (DE) as a commit, #1 prospect in the entire class of 2012. Maybe the #1 recruiting class 2 years in a row?

From what I hear he is a first rounder. It's hard to turn that down. Especially since it's a lot easier to get hurt in football then baseball.

However picks these things are idiots and fan boys. How is Texas in the top 25? They had a losing season and didn't show a whole lot of promise. Notre Dame didn't show much either other then beating a pile of shit Miami team in a bowl game. Auburn lost pretty much all they had and they are in the top 25? And Florida and Penn St didn't show anything last year either. Plus Florida is under a first year coach

Harty
[^]
:

Of a program that can't stay stable

They've had on coach for 198 years...That's about as stable as you're gonna get...

David
:

who do u guys think will win their conference?

I am assuming you mean the B10 because, lets be honest here, thats what all the kool kids care about. I haven't looked into it that much yet, but my first impression would be that Ohio State will be out of the B10 title picture with all of there recent "stuff", so I would say Wisconsin has a pretty good grasp on the conference with, as much as it hurts me to say this, Michigan State being their biggest opponent on the legends side.

flyfreak
:

Penn State is the gold standard...

Yes we are. We're the standard of awesome. So awesome that every college wishes they could be as awesome as we are.

This guy is a douche. I hate when people claim to have given shit to players. He's mad at some players and Miami, so I can't tell if he's being truthful or not. Atleast when you give shit to players they are good. Miami has sucked almost the entire time he's been doing this.

And he's bragging that he brought Miami players. Well obviously he brought them the wrong ones.

AP Preseason poll

1 Oklahoma (36) 0-0 1464
2 Alabama (17) 0-0 1439
3 Oregon (4) 0-0 1330
4 LSU (1) 0-0 1286
5 Boise State (2) 0-0 1200
6 Florida State 0-0 1168
7 Stanford 0-0 1091
8 Texas A&M 0-0 965
9 Oklahoma State 0-0 955
10 Nebraska 0-0 910
11 Wisconsin 0-0 900
12 South Carolina 0-0 848
13 Virginia Tech 0-0 821
14 TCU 0-0 690
15 Arkansas 0-0 686
16 Notre Dame 0-0 530
17 Michigan State 0-0 519
18 Ohio State 0-0 443
19 Georgia 0-0 369
20 Mississippi State 0-0 361
21 Missouri 0-0 258
22 Florida 0-0 228
23 Auburn 0-0 219
24 West Virginia 0-0 207
25 USC 0-0 160

Miami so far has dodged a huge bullet. I guess the NCAA is deeming that the players didn't get a whole lot of value out of what they were given except a few. So most are serving a one game suspension and payin back they money which for most is around 150 bucks.

Harty
:

Miami so far has dodged a huge bullet. I guess the NCAA is deeming that the players didn't get a whole lot of value out of what they were given except a few. So most are serving a one game suspension and payin back they money which for most is around 150 bucks.

I'd bet they're going easy on the players (kids will be kids), but are going to come down hard on the university. The press release stated: "The student-athletes received varying levels of recruiting inducements and extra benefits from university booster Nevin Shapiro and athletics personnel, according to the facts of the case." The part about benefits from athletics personnel is serious business.

wired.illusion
[^]
:

I'd bet they're going easy on the players (kids will be kids), but are going to come down hard on the university. The press release stated: "The student-athletes received varying levels of recruiting inducements and extra benefits from university booster Nevin Shapiro and athletics personnel, according to the facts of the case." The part about benefits from athletics personnel is serious business.

Honestly I don't think they should take stuff out on the school. I like what Urban Meyer said in an interview. They should penalize the people involved. Coker should never be allowed to coach again. The faculty involved should lose their jobs. it's unfair to penalize someone now for what the person behind them did.