Mike

Got (College Football) News

771 posts in this topic

Kansas City, Green Bay, Cleveland, and maybe Pittsburgh are the only teams that have that old school atmosphere to their stadiums.

All the other teams have nothing but fair-weather fans. The second the team does something bad they'll be quick to turn on them.

But if you notice all the towns I mentioned pretty much have nothing else going for them except for football. Its all their is to do in town, so of course they are gonna go to the games.

Omar
:

Kansas City, Green Bay, Cleveland, and maybe Pittsburgh are the only teams that have that old school atmosphere to their stadiums.

All the other teams have nothing but fair-weather fans. The second the team does something bad they'll be quick to turn on them.

But if you notice all the towns I mentioned pretty much have nothing else going for them except for football. Its all their is to do in town, so of course they are gonna go to the games.

Kansas City used to be pretty crazy about baseball. No surprise that interest has dwindled since the 80's, however.

Harty
:

How can you not like College Football. It's 100x better then pro's. It's way more fun to watch. And they actually have interest in the game.

What really makes it better? I don't believe the "They actually have interest in the game" bull . I mean, really, what makes it exciting? The 3 million bowl games they have? Watching QBs rack up 600 rushing yards in a season? There is one thing that is good about college football, and that's scouting players, predicting if a player will be successful in the NFL, and that's about it. I'd like for you to tell me what you feel is more exciting in college football than the NFL playoffs.

Matt
[^]
:

What really makes it better? I don't believe the "They actually have interest in the game" bullshit. I mean, really, what makes it exciting? The 3 million bowl games they have? Watching QBs rack up 600 rushing yards in a season? There is one thing that is good about college football, and that's scouting players, predicting if a player will be successful in the NFL, and that's about it. I'd like for you to tell me what you feel is more exciting in college football than the NFL playoffs.

If you really want to know. College kids have more fun. They go out and play under much more difficult circumstances then pros do. There are constantly coaching changes, bad recruiiting classes, people leaving early. Shit changes from year to year. It's never really the same (exept the SEC always winning the championship). Teams go to bad to great in 2 years and so much rides on the way they play. In the pros it seems like nothing really changes. The same teams are always top dogs. And as for the scouting thing. How often does college dominance really pan out in the pros? With the exception of lineman (both O and D), it's a complete guessing game on who will actually be any good at the college level. Plus the atmosphere in college is a game by game mentality. In the pros it just seems like who on top in the end. You can't give me any rivalries in the NFL like Miami/Notre Dame in the 80s. Or FSU/Florida. Or Texas/Oklahoma. College is the best example of teamwork. These kids room with eachother. They go to class together. Condition with eachother. All for one thing, to be the best. You don't have that in the pros. You have a bunch of showmanship and one uppers who think they are the team.

I wrote this drunk as fuck so if it doesn't make sense. Sorry I tried

Harty
:

Forcier to Miami!!!!! I hope he beats out Harris for the job.

He can't play this year b/c he has to sit out, he'll probably start in '12

Harty
:

Forcier to Miami!!!!! I hope he beats out Harris for the job.

That's a great pick up, he was wasted at Michigan.

ntrj
:

You WANT Forcier?! I guess anybody would be better than Harris though...

yah, I mean ex-Michigan quarterbacks have always worked out badly in the past.... there's Steven Threet and um....... oh yah Ryan Malett......

salemzorro
:

That's a great pick up, he was wasted at Michigan.

Agreed, he would have fit in much better with Hoke, but as some might not know Hoke was coaching in San Diego where Tate is originally from and the two didn't exactly have the best of relationships as far as the whole recruiting thing goes. Tate booked it ASAP when the news of Hoke's hiring came down.

He has experience,a redshirt to burn and, this may seem shocking to some horribly vain OSU fans, but he is a solid QB with some off the field issues but decent speed and pin-point accuracy (except when throwing to the wrong colored jerseys).

It has nothing to do with OSU / UM. I don't think he is a quality quarterback. 2009 and the times he did get a chance to play in 2010 prove that in my eyes.

Robinson on the other hand is a beast. I hope Hoke can utilize him to his full potential.

ntrj
:

It has nothing to do with OSU / UM. I don't think he is a quality quarterback. 2009 and the times he did get a chance to play in 2010 prove that in my eyes.

Robinson on the other hand is a beast. I hope Hoke can utilize him to his full potential.

Well how very kind of you. I might be crazy but I doubt Denard will ever have as good a season as he did last year. With the new regime I expect mediocrity on offense and excellent defense ala Greg Mattison.

I will have to disagree with you on Forcier however. In '09 he played the back half of the season with an f'ed shoulder and a different center then what he was used to(Molk injured against Penn State---->Wheels come off the wagon). In '10 he decided he was all that and a box of cracker jacks and decided not to train in the offseason, he lost his job to denard, denard tore shit up at the beginning of the season, tate never gets another chance.

That and there is something about transferring Michigan players and how they always end up playing twice as good as what they did at Mich.

I don't agree with them stripping the title. He was declared ineligable years later. I don't see how the can penalize a team for something that happened in the future.

Getting closer... USA Today released their pre-season poll.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/usatpoll.htm

Very excited to see FSU at #5, though not sure they should be quite that high. Still a very young team, 2012 will be the year for FSU. 2011 depends on how well we do against #1 Oklahoma in Week 3. Still can't believe they scheduled a fucking bye for Week 2 before the game.