Mike

Got (College Football) News

771 posts in this topic

Mike
:

Lol, are you saying this because you don't like college football and don't want it mixed with NFL chat like me or are you just happy that college football finally has a dedicated thread?

I really don't like college football, but it is nice to keep things organized.

Matt
:

I really don't like college football, but it is nice to keep things organized.

I was thinking about calling the thread "Got (College Sports) News" but no one talks about college baseball and if there's a hockey tournament or March Madness they'll have a thread I'm sure. College football will be the college sport talked about 90% of the time here so that's why I went with the title. This will be the place to discuss any college football players (until they are drafted), any college coaches possibly going to the NFL or any college football news.

Now we just need this stickied.

How can you not like College Football. It's 100x better then pro's. It's way more fun to watch. And they actually have interest in the game.

Harty
:

How can you not like College Football. It's 100x better then pro's. It's way more fun to watch. And they actually have interest in the game.

Not even. Pro football is WAAAAY better.

Andrew
[^]
:

Not even. Pro football is WAAAAY better.

Pro games are so boring. I've been to 2 pro games and 2 college. I would trade 10 Pro games for 1 college game.

I don't know what you find boring about pro games.

Then again, some of us have the luxury of going to games at Arrowhead, where the fans actually care.

Andrew
[^]
:

I don't know what you find boring about pro games.

Then again, some of us have the luxury of going to games at Arrowhead, where the fans actually care.

Arizona fans cared...last year. I mean they were coming off a Super bowl of course they were into it. But I also went to Miami Hurricanes games too. The tailgating is better, the girl's are better, the atmosphere is better. Plus in college teams actually score. A high scoring game in the pro's is like and average one in college. Plus they actually play for something. They all play for free so they still play for the love of the game and to win a championship. Most pro's play for themselves and the money

Of course the atmosphere is better, but everything else about the pros is better. I'm so tired of the whole "college players love the game" . You think no one in the NFL plays to win, and cares? Name one ing guy who makes it to the NFL and doesn't want to win the Super Bowl. You don't work that hard to get to the pros and NOT want to a title out of it. How many guys do you hear trash-talking each off field, or getting physical on the field? How many guys do you see lay it all out every single ing play? You think they're doing that for money? no, they've already GOT money. Pro players want to win a title, and 99% of them put it all on the line every single day to try and achieve that dream. Still don't believe it? Look at the faces of the team who doesn't win the Super Bowl. They're all in ing anguish. Why is that you think? It's not money, they didn't lose any money by losing the Super Bowl. No, it's because they LOST THE MOTHER ING SUPER BOWL. Pro players care, just as much as college ones do. Get a ing clue.

Oh, and Arizona fans don't have on the really passionate ones. Chiefs fans are top of the class man, they're diehard, no matter how bad the team is. Arrowhead is the stadium to end all stadiums. Only a few others can match that atmosphere.

Andrew
[^]
:

Of course the atmosphere is better, but everything else about the pros is better. I'm so tired of the whole "college players love the game" shit. You think no one in the NFL plays to win, and cares? Name one fucking guy who makes it to the NFL and doesn't want to win the Super Bowl. You don't work that hard to get to the pros and NOT want to a title out of it. How many guys do you hear trash-talking each off field, or getting physical on the field? How many guys do you see lay it all out every single fucking play? You think they're doing that for money? Shit no, they've already GOT money. Pro players want to win a title, and 99% of them put it all on the line every single day to try and achieve that dream. Still don't believe it? Look at the faces of the team who doesn't win the Super Bowl. They're all in fucking anguish. Why is that you think? It's not money, they didn't lose any money by losing the Super Bowl. No, it's because they LOST THE MOTHERFUCKING SUPER BOWL. Pro players care, just as much as college ones do. Get a fucking clue.

I used to think the same thing until player's in the NFL started talking about the lockout and were acting like losing a year's salary was the worse then ever. None of them mentioned they had a good team this year and were looking foward to seeing how things turn out. All were talking about how much money they were gonna lose.

Harty
:

I used to think the same thing until player's in the NFL started talking about the lockout and were acting like losing a year's salary was the worse then ever. None of them mentioned they had a good team this year and were looking foward to seeing how things turn out. All were talking about how much money they were gonna lose.

Money is still money man. That's their ing job. I know a lot of people say they make plenty of money as is, but they only get to make that kind of cash for 5-10 years. A lot of guys want to be able to support their families long after they're done with football.

Harty
:

NE, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Philly. That's all I can think of. Maybe Atlanta or Indy

Cleveland and Oakland have pretty strong fanbases too. And Seattle's noisy if nothing else.

Andrew
[^]
:

Cleveland and Oakland have pretty strong fanbases too. And Seattle's noisy if nothing else.

I forgot about Oakland. But I think they are more there because of the way of the Oakland fan. Not so much the team. Dallas has some pretty crazy fans. Mainly because everyone tries so hard to not look like a bandwagoner.

Andrew
[^]
:

Money is still money man. That's their fucking job. I know a lot of people say they make plenty of money as is, but they only get to make that kind of cash for 5-10 years. A lot of guys want to be able to support their families long after they're done with football.

Yea 3rd string lineman. some players get paid enough in 5 months to support them and their kids and their grand kids.

Harty
:

Yea 3rd string lineman. some players get paid enough in 5 months to support them and their kids and their grand kids.

Yeah, but if you think about, those 3rd string lineman take up a considerable bigger portion of the league than the Bradys and Mannings who are making a milli every second.

Andrew
[^]
:

Yeah, but if you think about, those 3rd string lineman take up a considerable bigger portion of the league than the Bradys and Mannings who are making a milli every second.

That is true. But they still make a pretty good amount. And even if you are making a mil a year that's still more then most people make in their life. Nothing says you have to have a mansion. You can live like a normal person

Very valid. Also worth pointing out that there's not a lot of job security in football. You might be making a lot one day, but then you tear a muscle or two and bam, career's over. You'd feel a lot better about that if you were making as much as possible while you could.

Surprised that Luck is going to stay at Stanford?

I'm actually glad Mallett is going to the NFL. We have a bunch of QB studs ready to rise up here at AR! Tyler Wilson did very well against Auburn despite losing, but given the situation he shouldn't have even been able to throw 3 TD's against the now #1 team in the country. Brandon Mitchell is awesome and we also have Jacoby Walker and then Brandon Allen coming in as a Freshman next year. We're 4 strong in that position. Can't wait for next season already!

Harty
:

NE, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Philly. That's all I can think of. Maybe Atlanta or Indy

Don't forget Dallas.