Just to reiterate what Pen said earlier in this thread......we LOVE sharing music with one another. I wouldn't know half of the music I like without this site.
We just see it time and time again....someone joins the forums JUST to promote their band (street teams, friends bands, groupie of the band, etc.) They don't stick around to discuss anything and are heavily offended if someone does not like their music. They make their original post and they are gone forever.
Its a tight knit community and most of the people here have known each other for a couple years. They are used to seeing these street teamers come and they throw up their red flag.
Moral of the story for you and anyone who may or may not join us from the other forum:
1. Feel free to share bands as you will.
2. Please use the search feature before posting about a band (it will save you trouble when people call you out for it).
3. Sarcasm is the most used language on the boards.
4. Don't be offended that people may not like your band suggestions. It happens all the time here and you have to learn to get past this and any digs another person may throw that band's way.
5. Our forum is resoundingly more hard/modern rock oriented (As in bands that sound like Sevendust, Three Days Grace, and Shinedown). Other times you will see metal (in all its forms), punk, alternative, etc. I do not know if when you say 'indie' supporter that you actually mean the genre (as in Minus the Bear, Two Door Cinema Club, The Wombats, etc.) or independent meaning the record labels and smaller, lesser known bands. Either way, just keep the thought in the back of your head that much of the site gravitates toward the modern rock genre (this isn't to say we don't have EDM, rap, pop, etc. fans; just a generalization of what you should expect).
One of the funniest things I've ever read on TL. I was laughing for a good ten seconds.
In the process of down-voting everything iceberg said, I accidentally down-voted you here. My bad. I made up for it and up-voted you somewhere else. Also, Jay, you really need to get rid of the "you have reached your quota of negative votes for the day" thing.
So finally got around to listening to this after getting the CD yesterday. Wow, it is really good. Definitley my favorite by them. Gonna go with "Should Have Known Better" and "Anyone But You" as my favorites but there really is no bad song on this fine disc. I think they should stick with the writing team of glam rockers turned Country duo The Warren Brothers as they crafted some good songs.
The only album I listened to this year that I thought was total shit was Deuce's album. It's got one song that's tolerable...and that's it. All the other songs are fucking awful. I can't really say it disappointed me though, because my expectations for that album were extremely low to begin with.